repower guidance__1974 mako 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repower guidance__1974 mako 22

bought a 2013 low hour mercury pro xs for the boat ... rebuilding the boat and now thinking about a suzuki 300 is this too big? going to put batteries under center console hoping to negate any added weight of 4 stroke ... the boat has new stringers transom whichis now 25 inches... any suggestions would be helpful.. if i can;t do the 300 will just keep the 2013 225

thanks chris
    1974 Mako 22b[br]

225 will run 50+ mph. 300 4 stroke is too heavy even with moving batteries, and would be scary fast on a 22. 150 Mercury 4 stroke runs 45 mph.You will be pleased with the 225, which is max specs for1974 Mako 22.

Comment

I was thinking similar. The 300 weighs about 60 lbs more. 50 mph is fast enough. I have not seen a mako 22 with big motors like that. What about tabs? Are they required on your 23. I was thinking about the spring self leveling ones to reduce number of wires going to and from transom
      1974 Mako 22b[br]

Comment

Tabs will always help with ride. 22s not known for good ride. Flat bottom near the rear will beat you to death in a good chop. Tabs will let the v in the front help. Be careful taking turns too fast in the modified v Hull. Front v can dig in and flat back can slide around in the turn, pick your days offshore and you will be fine. Your back wont let you go too fast in the waves. Sold my 22 now have a 20 and a 258.

Comment

Working...
        X