Fender cleat Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender cleat Project

The Projects forum did not seem the appropriate place so hope its OK to post this here. Since the 230 has clean washboards there isn't anyplace to tie fenders when rafting or at docks that do not have uprights to keep the boat from damage. I'm hoping this quick 10 minute project is the solution. I took a scrap piece of pvc pipe, cut it in half, drilled pilot holes and screwed cheap plastic cleats in place. I cut 4 notches in the opposite end to fit around the rod holders cross which keeps them from spinning.

Now to figure out a cap to fit over the rod holders to keep the rain out. Any ideas?

we use cam cleats like those found on most sailboats on some of the workboats,and they work great. Only purpose is to hold fenders, that's it

Comment

http://www.apsltd.com/cam-matic-alum...hoCbR8QAvD_BwE

Hope the link works thise one made by harken

Comment

http://www.apsltd.com/cam-matic-alum...hoCbR8QAvD_BwE

Hope the link works thise one made by harken

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ddd222

we use cam cleats like those found on most sailboats on some of the workboats,and they work great. Only purpose is to hold fenders, that's it

That's a great idea as they're infinitely adjustable. Just wish they weren't $33 each.

Comment

I have used PVC before but never added a cleat. I just tied the fender line around the PVC.
            2007 Everglades 243 250 Suzuki[br]1988 201 Yamaha 200 - Sold[br]1990 261 T/200 SWS - Sold[br]1978 25 225 Johnson - Sold[br]1975 20 85 Merc - Sold[br]Jacksonville, FL[br]

Comment

don't know why that posted twice, but yeh they aren't super cheap, maybe can trim a little off that price with a friends port supply card or similar discount, or a slightly different model, just make sure its for the right size line you have in mind.They'll work with any type of line as long as the diameter is right for it to grab. They work awesome, adjustable, and about half a second to set fender where you want, or remove altogether

Comment

You can also notch the top, just like the bottom and then tie a stopper knot in the fender line to get the desired length.
                1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                1985 Mako 20c - sold
                Fort Walton Beach, FL
                http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sailor

You can also notch the top, just like the bottom and then tie a stopper knot in the fender line to get the desired length.

A great idea!

Comment

Working...
                  X