1980 235 Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 235 Tanks

I bought a project boat (Hull, console and Trailer) Boat is solid. Is there any way to tell if the tanks have been replaced without taking the deck off? It's full of old gas and passes a pressure test.

I'll start with small projects until the end when I'll put twin 4 strokes on it.
    Living in Houston[br]Matt 4:19[br]Always giving back at[br]www.fishersomen.org

There should be an inspection plate where the sending unit and tank fittings are located.

You may be lucky enough to open the plate and find the tank sticker within view, the sticker should have specs. and build date on it.

Tank build date compared to boat age should shed some information on if it was replaced.

You say "project" - what state is the project in?

Tanks under the decks or under lids?
    1992 211 w/175 OptiMax
    Glen Campbell, Pa.

Comment

Origianl tanks were not coated. If you can see old looking foam, it might be original.
      Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

I haven't started other than power washing and wet sanding the old name off boat. I have a bay boat so I'm in no hurry. I used to own a 238 walk around and loved the hull but had no use for the cabin.

I'm just not financially able to everything at once so it's gonna take time.
        quote:

Originally posted by radioman

There should be an inspection plate where the sending unit and tank fittings are located.

You may be lucky enough to open the plate and find the tank sticker within view, the sticker should have specs. and build date on it.

Tank build date compared to boat age should shed some information on if it was replaced.

You say "project" - what state is the project in?

Tanks under the decks or under lids?

Living in Houston[br]Matt 4:19[br]Always giving back at[br]www.fishersomen.org

Comment

Working...
        X