Mako 228 Cuddy Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako 228 Cuddy Question

SO I just picked up this 228 and everything looked good solid floors, new poly tank, hard top, great setup and came with plenty of extras, so when I checked the transom for the usual signs of softness everything seemed to check out and the guy told me when he hung the newer motor and few years back everything with the transom was good to go. Now today as I was trimming the motor up after cleaning it I swear the transom was flexing very little at the top and when I was shaking the engine around it doesn't do it all in the down position just when trimmed up. Is this normal for these boats heard so many different things form people thought I would ask the Mako experts thanks?

Check for cracking in the corners. A little flex is ok but it should not be much.
    David, New Kent, Va[br]

[br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Triplecrownnc

Check for cracking in the corners. A little flex is ok but it should not be much.

There are no cracks at all on the corners. There are 3 spaced out gel coat cracks below the top motor mount screws in between the drain plus on the inside of the boat if that makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by sapper

quote:

Originally posted by Triplecrownnc

There are no cracks at all on the corners. There are 3 spaced out gel coat cracks below the top motor mount screws in between the drain plus on the inside of the boat if that makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Seems you are good to go from what it sounds like to me
        David, New Kent, Va[br]

[br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

Comment

Its normal..the engine weighs a few hundred pounds and is pivoting on a small spot. I will be you can get an engine to do that on a brand new boat too. My Grady would do it after I had the transom redone.
          Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by cgmiller

Its normal..the engine weighs a few hundred pounds and is pivoting on a small spot. I will be you can get an engine to do that on a brand new boat too. My Grady would do it after I had the transom redone.

Thanks for the reply I figured that just thought I would ask the Mako guys. Feel way better about it now.

Comment

Working...
            X