Etec 20OHO G2 ISSUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etec 20OHO G2 ISSUE

G2 with 250 hrs...operating tilt/trim switch on motor...motor continues or at least the sound of the motor continues after releasing switch...Something is wrong so .took in to shop 21 Aug. Mechanic says....Its the power steering ....AFTER CONSULTATION WITH BRP....two switches and two filters are being replaced in manifold that services power steering and tilt/trim... .....steering/hydraulic fluid will also be drained and replaced/power purged. The story continues: Boat has been in the shop (platinum certified) over one month..The shop received and installed the switches and filters. PROBLEM: after purging the system the fitting was stripped out and had to be replaced..So that requires BRP admin procedures email and the like, approval and shipment of necessary parts. OK Last Friday they receive and install the component and fitting. PROBLEM: Starboard engine panel was placed on deck convex side up. Sitting outside in the blazing South Florida sun caused the panel to warp and it cannot be installed.So that requires BRP admin procedures email and the like, approval and shipment of new panel. Shop called me yesterday and panel is due in next wednesday. I feel the shop has been operating in good faith and BRP also. I cannot help but feel however, that there needs to be a more responsive and streamlined system to live up to BRP advertisement about losing time on the water. NOT catching any snook lately.

I had similar headaches with Evinrude dealers in the central FL area. I feel that they do not have enough engines in the market place to have all of the issues identified and fixes in place. I am sorry but a stripped fitting may fall on the dealer but having to beg corporate to authorize every "warranty" repair sets off the BS alarm. I now have a Suzuki and have been very happy with the engine and service.
    1998 253 W/A Suzuki 300

Comment

Etec Owners site has been VERY helpful to me. Go to the link

that is specific to your motor & you'll get a ton of useful info.

https://www.etecownersgroup.com/?forum=377900
      1984 Mako 228 w/ 175hp E-Tec [br]1983 SeaRay 26\' Sundancer w/ 454 Big Block spinning Volvo DuoProps (Sold)[br]1989 Wahoo 17\' CC w/ 88hp Evinrude (vacationing in Key West)[br]

Comment

Never mind - I see you've been on the site discussing the issue.

Hope you get it figured out.
        1984 Mako 228 w/ 175hp E-Tec [br]1983 SeaRay 26\' Sundancer w/ 454 Big Block spinning Volvo DuoProps (Sold)[br]1989 Wahoo 17\' CC w/ 88hp Evinrude (vacationing in Key West)[br]

Comment

UPDATE: back on the water....so far it's good to go......shop owner and myself are both men of a certain age and dyed in the wool deer hunters.....so we shoot the breeze....his comment was "except for the steering issues the motor is perfect....he has seen steering issues before. will advise
          EXPLRGAB 224/221[br]PORT ST LUCIE, FL

Comment

Working...
          X