Potential Project - 1983 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Project - 1983 17

We're looking at some '17s for a potential project to be paid for and mostly executed by my son. Yes, I think I passed the bug to him. We ran across this one on a recent trip to south Florida.

Would love some comments on what this boat might sell for as-is and post surgery.

https://www.boattrader.com/listing/1...dard%20listing

I saw it first hand and can comment on the wiring, tank, and soft spots mentioned in the add. We didn't run it but the engine did look clean and it is a desirable Johnson.

[]
    [br]***[br]\'82 Ski Nautique - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'80 236IB - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'03 Pursuit 2670 - Destin, FL

I'd check Craig's Lists in Al. and Florida. Lots of 17 around that might not need a tank and rewiring.

Comment

Not a bad price, but I thought Mako raised the deck in the later 17's didn't' they? that would be the ones I would look at.
      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

The stringers are known to break forward of the transom. It will be hard to see but if you put your phone in the bilge and take a picture forward with the flash you will be able to see a good sized round drain hole. This is the area to check. Sounds like it may need a deck anyway so not something to scare you off but could be a bargaining tool.

Comment

Thanks!

We are looking for a project so a little work is fine. We didn't check the stringers back there but that is a good idea. The transom may have been replaced but the seller wasn't sure.

Anyone have thoughts on the engine?
          [br]***[br]\'82 Ski Nautique - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'80 236IB - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'03 Pursuit 2670 - Destin, FL

Comment

Working...
          X