Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako 17

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a 1996 Mako 17 with a 96 75hp Mercury outboard. Anything in particular I should look for or any reason to stay away. I'm new to Makos.

Great boat to start with. We had a 17 for fours years before we moved up to the 250. Foremost check the fuel tank for any issues followed by transom. Not sure 96 was the year Tracker purchased Mako. The 75hp seems a little under powered but if you are not looking for a speed demon should suffice. We had a Merc 125hp with Bennett trim tabs and it rode like a 19. If you have many concerns have the boat surveyed.
    Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

Great boat to start with. We had a 17 for fours years before we moved up to the 250. Foremost check the fuel tank for any issues followed by transom. Not sure 96 was the year Tracker purchased Mako. The 75hp seems a little under powered but if you are not looking for a speed demon should suffice. We had a Merc 125hp with Bennett trim tabs and it rode like a 19. If you have many concerns have the boat surveyed.
      Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

Was this the one in north jersey for 3k? I was going to look at it today but it sold yesterday
        John[br]1989 Mako 210 (Sold and Missed)[br]

Comment

Working...
        X