1977 Mako 22 purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1977 Mako 22 purchase

Looking at a Mako 22 born 1977. Engine is an Evinrude 150 born 2001 & meticulously maintained with same mechanic / records throughout. Not sure of hours but Im guessing 1,500 give or take. Boat in Monmouth County NJ and looking for advice, pre-cautions or someone local to take a look at it with me. In general boat looks good (transom is solid) but a soft spot in forward deck. Any thoughts, advice etc would be welcome. Seller asking $3,000 no trailer

One of the best Evinrude Dealers is in your state, though south of you. Barnacle Bills at (856)-785-9455. They support a website www.etecownersgroup.com but it doesn't include the Ficht years.

As I'm sure you are aware, the Ficht system basically put Evinrude into bankruptcy with all the issues they had. However, it is my understanding that if you got through the first couple years & it was still running - you're golden.

I have an '08 Etec on my boat that I swear by. It has some of the same technology that was pioneered with the Fichts, just perfected by BRP. But, 1500 hrs is still a lot of hours.

As for the hull, you have to expect to replace at least the tank & all hoses if it is original.
    1984 Mako 228 w/ 175hp E-Tec [br]1983 SeaRay 26\' Sundancer w/ 454 Big Block spinning Volvo DuoProps (Sold)[br]1989 Wahoo 17\' CC w/ 88hp Evinrude (vacationing in Key West)[br]

Comment

Thanks for the input. Checked out the hull and transom and seems good. Some transom work, but nothing out of line. Ill check into the engine more thoroughly this weekend.

Comment

Working...
      X