1973 22 mako fuel sending unit replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1973 22 mako fuel sending unit replacement

Hi guys I just got a 1973 22 foot mako. Only problem is the gas tank direct sight fuel gague is missing. So I removed the sending unit and am trying to find a replacement for it. Problem is I can barley make out some of the serial numbers on the side of the gague. Only numbers I can make out are 6580 the rest are very difficult to read. I measured the length of the unit is about 15 inches . I muessured my tank its just around 15 inches. I think its a Rochester fuel gauge but im having trouble finding the exact one. Any help thanks .

Hello - you had said it was a "direct read" fuel gauge? Meaning it isn't hooked up to a gauge on the console? sometimes it can be both. In any case, I'm not sure how far back the standard goes but, the hole pattern for mounting the guage to the tank has been standardized. A 5 hole pattern Moeller makes all kinds of replacement gauges. I replaced my console electric gauge with a direct read Moller - If you know the depth of your tank, which it sounds like you do, you can get a replacement from them I'm pretty sure...

Best,

Bob S.
    [br]

Comment

Yeah I looked into Moller only problem is there plate is circular and the plate in my boat is a pentagon almost.

Comment

The tank should have a label on it with manufacturing info..maybe the manufacturer could help?
        [br]

Comment

Working...
        X