engine decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine decals

Great site. Really useful stuff for us mako owners. I'm spending less time on the hull truth and more on this site (gee, I'm not the only one who doesn't buy new engines every three years?????). Any how, I recently painted my engine cowlings and am trying to find an alternative source for the decals (yamaha saltwater series). The dealers basically charge ransom (who knew yamaha was buying 1st class tix for these decals to be flown in from Japan), and the one guy I found on the web hasn't been real great about returning calls or emails. Anybody know of a sign shop that's done this before (who would have the images in the right dimensions). Thanks for any assistance.
    1990 250 Walkaround T/Yamaha 200s

uggh...tell me about it.

I did it a few years ago, paid thru my arse for yam decals and the primer failed (plastic cowls, not glass) and they peeled off, at least parts of them did.

Second time around I used a merc primer...their hoods are plastic as well. Took my cowls to a local graphics place and voila. They made the four white 'yamahas' for $20, $30 for the wrap around stripes, and a few bucks for the other little odd ones. All told, it was like $70, or the cost of one side of a cowl from Yam.
    1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

Working...
    X