Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop selection, Mako 21B

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 1984 Mako 21B w/ a 225 Yamaha ox66. The guy I bought it from had a 14.5x17 stainless prop on it, but it's beyond repair, so I'm not quite sure what to buy. He claims this was an ideal prop for the boat, what are your thoughts?

I will mainly be using it for back bay fishing, pulling the kids (9-10 years old) on a tube, and the occasional out front excursion. I love speed, but am willing to take recommendations.

I have a 1988 21B with a 200 Evinrude and I can tell the 14.5 x 17 is perfect. The prop allows me to get maximum RPM at 5800, gives a great whole shot, as well as a solid cruise speed. the 25HP is really not going make much difference. If you are concerned on spending a lot of money and finding out a different size is better, find a used one on EBAY, The most important piece is that the engine reaches max RPM - if it doesn't, then your engine is potentially being overloaded thru out the entire RPM curve, which will create a shorter life span of the engine.

Comment

Working...
    X