Blank thru hull fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank thru hull fitting

Does someone make a blank SS thru hull fitting. The reason I ask is that on our 250 we eliminated the sink in the cabin and disconnected the sink drain which exited out the port side thru hull fitting. Right now its capped off fro inside and I plugged it from outside with chalk. I'd rather get a blank thru hull rather than dealing with glassing it and try to match gelcoat.
    Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

I might be way off on what you're asking but this was my first thought. Go get a thru hull the same size with threads on the back instead of a barbed back and install it. Then take you a nice nylox seacock or some sort of ball valve with the same threads, add some life seal and screw that baby on there and leave it in the off position
    1995 231 Tuppens

Comment

Thanks but what I was asking whether there is a thru hull which is blank of the outside (No hole in it). The original fitting has threads rather than barbed end so I installed a cap sealing it off and applied sealant in to the opening to the outside.
      Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by keyman

Thanks but what I was asking whether there is a thru hull which is blank of the outside (No hole in it). The original fitting has threads rather than barbed end so I installed a cap sealing it off and applied sealant in to the opening to the outside.

This is about the only thing you can do is just cap it off.
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

Comment

What I would do is pull all the fittings off the boat, unrig the motors, remove the windshield and top, fix every ding in the boat including your sink drain port, take the boat to a professional painter, have the boat painted metallic blue, replace all the fittings with new SS fittings, regig the motors, install new windshield, curtains, and hard top, top off with all new Simrad electronics, and while I was at it, add new interior upholstery. That will get that hole fixed right. []
          David, New Kent, Va[br]

[br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

Comment

A good machine shop could pull that off. The expensive part would be the stainless material for the blank( its very abrasive on tooling). How about threading the inside of the one you have to accept a o-ring bung fitting? Not sure what your through hole looks like.
            quote:

1982 Whaler Montauk 90HP( sold)[br]1977 25 Mako CC 225HP

Comment

TC did you replace all of your thru hulls? The reason I ask is how did you have access to the thru hull for the cabin drain on the starboard side. The only two thru hull fittings that we haven't replaced for the sink one and the cabin drain. I thought of having a blank thru hull fabricated. I didn't think that it would difficult to replace the sink drain thru hull fitting but....
              Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

quote:

TC did you replace all of your thru hulls? The reason I ask is how did you have access to the thru hull for the cabin drain on the starboard side. The only two thru hull fittings that we haven't replaced for the sink one and the cabin drain. I thought of having a blank thru hull fabricated. I didn't think that it would difficult to replace the sink drain thru hull fitting but....

All replaced, the sump drain one was accessed by drilling a hole saw port through the bulkhead, replacing and repairing the hole.
                David, New Kent, Va[br]

Comment

I put on my engineering cap and I think I found two possible solution. One is from plumb supply which is a blank facet hole fitting. The other is from Pentair Hoffman Engineering which is a Hol-seal. They come in varies diameters and available in stainless steel finish. Properly sealed with 4200 should work. I'll let you know and hopefully can post picture using Imgur. TC I didn't think the port thru hull replacement would be easy wish the project pictures photobucket issue will be resolved.
                  Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

quote:

I put on my engineering cap and I think I found two possible solution. One is from plumb supply which is a blank facet hole fitting. The other is from Pentair Hoffman Engineering which is a Hol-seal. They come in varies diameters and available in stainless steel finish. Properly sealed with 4200 should work. I'll let you know and hopefully can post picture using Imgur. TC I didn't think the port thru hull replacement would be easy wish the project pictures photobucket issue will be resolved.

I am not sure I have any pics of the stb fitting replacement (from the interior). The hole saw port allows you to get your tools in there and get it off. The PB issue sure makes it hard to go back and look.

Im sitting up here in Illinois, not sure what the hell is going on up here. I am going to have to learn how to fish lake Michigan.
                    David, New Kent, Va[br]

Comment

Yeah been following your thread. Gottta go where work journey takes you. I retired 3 years ago but have been working as a contractor at my previous employer. The office does extensive work in Pharma. Lake Michigan is a vast body of water and at times is as rough as ocean. Totally different type of fishing species and techniques. TC in fresh water will be interesting.
                      Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

Working...
                      X