proper prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proper prop

I have repowered my 21' 1981 Mako with 1998 225 hp two stroke EFI Yamaha...I boat on Lake Erie....I am trying to get some feedback re: what size & pitch I should use on this to get best performance...I am looking for the best size to use to get a good hole shot and not necessarily looking for top end speed, just best economy with the hole shot...I thank anyone that can give some good info on this so I don't have to try many props to get the results I need....Thanks to all.....Big Bill

Can't help on the prop question, but curious where you run on Erie?
    1992 211 w/175 OptiMax
    Glen Campbell, Pa.

Comment

I dock at Cedar Point Marina in Sandusky, oh...where are you..

Big Bill

Comment

We usually run out of Conneaut, OH or Walnut in PA.
        1992 211 w/175 OptiMax
        Glen Campbell, Pa.

Comment

Email Ken at Propgods. Tell him the boat, engine, prop and performance of the old engine.

When I changed engines on my 201 he nailed it with a Mercury Enertia. It is a much better prop than the Yamaha I had been using.
          2007 Everglades 243 250 Suzuki[br]1988 201 Yamaha 200 - Sold[br]1990 261 T/200 SWS - Sold[br]1978 25 225 Johnson - Sold[br]1975 20 85 Merc - Sold[br]Jacksonville, FL[br]

Comment

I am new at this forum stuff....How would I get the e-mail for propgods to send a message....Big Bill

Comment

When I first got my 21 it had a 98 225 Optimax. It was spinning a 15x19 prop but I was not making top rot so I dropped down to a 15x17 and that brought up my rpms and reduced my fuel burn a little and I actually picked up some speed since the engine could wind up more. The 21 is a deep v hull not a bass boat. It takes a certain amount of forward momentum and speed to get the hull up and out of the water. If you are trying to get a quick hole shot, your just beating on your engine and wasting fuel. I repowered with a 200 Yamaha hpdi and I think that was spinning a 14.75 x 18 prop. I have this all in spread sheets, but I have to find the flash drive with that on it. As for the Propgod...he has a website..look him up. He has helped me too.
              Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by cgmiller

When I first got my 21 it had a 98 225 Optimax. It was spinning a 15x19 prop but I was not making top rot so I dropped down to a 15x17 and that brought up my rpms and reduced my fuel burn a little and I actually picked up some speed since the engine could wind up more. The 21 is a deep v hull not a bass boat. It takes a certain amount of forward momentum and speed to get the hull up and out of the water. If you are trying to get a quick hole shot, your just beating on your engine and wasting fuel. I repowered with a 200 Yamaha hpdi and I think that was spinning a 14.75 x 18 prop. I have this all in spread sheets, but I have to find the flash drive with that on it. As for the Propgod...he has a website..look him up. He has helped me too.

Comment

Working...
                X