• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djisurfli
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by thejeepguy87

I would be happy to go look at any in the Tampa area for you, or possibly a little farther as well. I did that for someone else on here recently for a Mako 17.

As my wife says, you are not making me do a favor as I love to go look at boats.

Scott, I tried sending you an email but not sure if its going through via the forum. If you didnt get anything from me, please send me an email regarding your offer if its still on the table. Thanks a bunch!

Leave a comment:

• djisurfli
    replied
    quote:

That one in Tampa has been on there for about 6 months. There is a member on here selling one as well for 6k.

I would be happy to go look at any in the Tampa area for you, or possibly a little farther as well. I did that for someone else on here recently for a Mako 17.

As my wife says, you are not making me do a favor as I love to go look at boats.

The boats in the south do get used a lot more, but that does not mean they are well taken care of either. The ones that are not you can tell.

That's awful kind of you, appreciate the offer. I may take you up on that to be honest, my main concern was what will it cost me to get her back up by me and will it negate any kind of deal I may be getting in the first place?

I like the fact the transom was done (or supposedly done), seems like wiring has been updated, has a solid motor, and really just needs a gas tank, some deck paint, and cleaning up. What are your thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• thejeepguy87
    replied
    That one in Tampa has been on there for about 6 months. There is a member on here selling one as well for 6k.

The boats in the south do get used a lot more, but that does not mean they are well taken care of either. The ones that are not you can tell.

Leave a comment:

• djisurfli
    replied
    I don't think the email function is working either as I tried sending you one before and also didn't receive yours. Send me one direct at my username @ gmail

Leave a comment:

• mymako231
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by djisurfli

Good to know about the 254 in Woodbridge, saves me the hassle. I dont want a full blown project right off the bat.

I thought about a cuddy, though I dont have my own family yet shelter can be nice. I was hoping to have a full enclosure made for whatever center console I get. Theres a good looking 228 in south jersey I would consider, believe I posted a link to it earlier. All Ive ever owned thus far have been walk arounds and cuddys, feel like a center console would be a nice change for fish ability and simplicity.

Pmd You about your 231, thanks.

djisurf,

Hi, I don't think the PM feature works on this forum, somebody can correct me if I am wrong about that.

I sent you an email.

mymako231

Leave a comment:

• djisurfli
    replied
    Good to know about the 254 in Woodbridge, saves me the hassle. I dont want a full blown project right off the bat.

I thought about a cuddy, though I dont have my own family yet shelter can be nice. I was hoping to have a full enclosure made for whatever center console I get. Theres a good looking 228 in south jersey I would consider, believe I posted a link to it earlier. All Ive ever owned thus far have been walk arounds and cuddys, feel like a center console would be a nice change for fish ability and simplicity.

Pmd You about your 231, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• mymako231
    replied
    djisurfli,

I know North Carolina is is a long way from Long Island, because I used to boat out of CT, and spent lot's of time in Montauk, Greenport and places in between.

I don't know what year they changed construction, but my 1990 has no wood in the deck, it is all composite

But if you are interested in a 1990 231, here are a couple photo's.

https://imgur.com/EmbYf2h

https://imgur.com/IJxMN9c

https://imgur.com/p6z1pQh

mymako231

Leave a comment:

• bgreene
    replied
    If for family use.......maybe a cuddy better for weather protection, open deck space, and storage.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyOar
    replied
    I went and looked at the 254 in woodbridge and wound up picking a 221b that's on the cape in mass. Definitely would keep looking before I picked up that one, its much more on the project side then use and fix

Leave a comment:

• Holgatelbi
    replied
    A little diddy that I go by when shopping. You buy your cars in the south and your boats in the north.

The reason - northern cars rust & southern boats have more use.

As always, there are exceptions to the rule, but it is a good starting point.

Leave a comment:

• djisurfli
    replied
    quote:

What is your price range for a 25? There are about 6 for sale in my local CL right now and even with shipping they may be in your range.

Further to your point, I did locate these two, one down your way. My concern in buying anything say south of Maryland is getting it back to Long Island in a cost effective manner, especially for a 25 as I can't tow it with my Tacoma. In any event, here are the other two:

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...529814905.html

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/boa...543645183.html

Not bad, second one is surely under powered and both will need tanks soon I'm thinking.

Leave a comment:

• djisurfli
    replied
    quote:

What is your price range for a 25? There are about 6 for sale in my local CL right now and even with shipping they may be in your range.

In general my price point was in the 8-10k range, but maybe slightly north of that if the right situation presented itself. As I said earlier I know whatever I'm getting will eventually be a project I just want something with good bones I can enjoy for now. I don't want it to sound like I became dead set on only the 25 hull, that's not the case. There's a handful I feel I will be perfectly happy with if they check out condition-wise and check enough boxes.

I'm definitely taking my time and being thorough. I think I've exhausted every CL location on the east coast haha. Travel is certainly on the table, and a survey is especially vital on something so far away.

Leave a comment:

• corniglio
    replied
    i can not say it any better than mr bgreene...stay cool and dont settle. i went through the same thing as you for a few years. i wanted a 21-23 mako in decent shape that did not have bottom paint. i ended finding my 1988 21b in florida and driving 1500 miles and towing it back to new england. people called me crazy at first but now call me their hero. dont forget to pay a surveyor to look it over before you make the commitment. its well money spent. so slow your roll and get the right mako and you will be glad you did.
    quote:

Originally posted by bgreene

Stay cool........don't " settle " because you're anxious to get a boat.

You can find both models for sale if you shop all the sites and ads.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• thejeepguy87
    replied

Leave a comment:

• djisurfli
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by bgreene

Stay cool........don't " settle " because you're anxious to get a boat.

You can find both models for sale if you shop all the sites and ads.

Good luck.

No, you're completely correct...no settling. I'm not going to fall into that, not making that mistake. I over analyze situations too much to let that happen [8)] .

This other 224 is actually a better candidate than the previous two. New tank 2 years ago with pictures, full recent electronics, tons of new parts and maintenance recently done on the motor, much nicer t-top and canvas, clean throughout, good trailer. More peace of mind all around to get me on the water right away.

Seems thus far that if I had purchased either of the prior two boats I would actually have been settling (in terms of condition), go figure. Did I fall in love with the 25 hull? Yes, however I don't think I'll be lacking in sea keeping ability in the 224 for my usage currently. Also there just doesn't seem to be any 25's on the market in my price range so that at the moment looks like it'll have to wait for another day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X