Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 Mako/115 Etec - what prop?

Just put a 115 Etec on a 17'.

Wondering if anyone has this package and what prop you are spinning?

Thanks

general starting place would be 13x19 for a 115. Not sure what the gear ratio is in the Etec but I have been spinning 17 inch pitch props on 90's and ran a 19 when I had a 115 Merc.
    Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

The Etecs need/want to reach maximum WOT RPM's. Not that you will always be running WOT, but it needs to be able to get there with a medium loaded boat.

And the cav plate wants to be right at the top of the water while cruising.

So whatever you do, be sure the height is correct first & then start with pitch & prop choices.

There's a guy in Florida that works with you on different props.

Not sure of his name, but go onto https://www.etecownersgroup.com and you'l find him.
      1984 Mako 228 w/ 175hp E-Tec [br]1983 SeaRay 26\' Sundancer w/ 454 Big Block spinning Volvo DuoProps (Sold)[br]1989 Wahoo 17\' CC w/ 88hp Evinrude (vacationing in Key West)[br]

Comment

the guy in Florida is www.thepropgod.com. or something like that. I have bought props from him in the past.
        Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

Yes CJ - That is him. http://www.propgods.com/

He is said to work with you till you get it right.

And with Etec's - that needs to be at max RPM's for your particular motor.
          1984 Mako 228 w/ 175hp E-Tec [br]1983 SeaRay 26\' Sundancer w/ 454 Big Block spinning Volvo DuoProps (Sold)[br]1989 Wahoo 17\' CC w/ 88hp Evinrude (vacationing in Key West)[br]

Comment

I ran a 16 on my 115 Opti, but could hit the limiter under the right circumstances (solo fishing/low fuel). Switched to a 17 and it turned into a dog. My boat is pretty heavy with all the work under the deck. I don't need to go 45 on that boat. Most likely will go back to the 16---all depends on the load you carry

Comment

Working...
            X