Mako 191 &192 , early 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako 191 &192 , early 2000

I am trying to decide on buying either a mako 191 or 192. I have not seatrialed either boat yet and was wondering if anyone here has experience with both models or even one . Beam and deadrise is slightly different and forward bow area is different. One is notched transom and other Euro. I was wondering what people here seem to like more and maybe find out the difference in rides. Thank you

I have a 2000 191 and a neighbor down the street owns a 192. Although I haven't ridden on his boat I have walked around on it. The euro transom is nice and would def help keep my lab from jumping out the back of the boat to chase after crab pot buoys but it does eat up some room in the stern. Both boats are 19'4" but 191 has 4" less beam but 1 degree more deadrise. I would imagine both boats ride about the same and get the same economy but I like that the console in the 191 is set further back to give more room in the bow and may give a slightly more comfortable ride at the helm. My family and I really like the wraparound seating on the 191 and its a great setup for the type of fishing I do inshore and offshore on nice days. Although its not a classic the 191 is third Mako I have owned and is my second favorite only behind a 1976 Mako 25 that I had and regret selling.
    1994 Mako 221B

Comment

Thanks Hoop, going to see the exact boat tomorrow a 2000 Mako 191. I sent you an email also. Thanks again for the input

Comment

I tried to send you an email as well but dont have enough posts to do so.
        1994 Mako 221B

Comment

Email sent

Comment

Thanks Hoop for taking the time to share your experience with the Mako 191, greatly appreciated.

Comment

My dad has a 2001 192, Has owned it since 2003. Just spent 4 days fishing in it down in the Keys. Its a good solid boat with good storage and sea keeping abilities. The modified v hull rides well and is pretty efficient and rolls less than a narrower deeper hull. The wide beam and high gunnels gives it the feel of a much bigger boat. Although only 2 feet longer than my 17, it seems like 2x as much boat. The boat seems to holding up well although we did have to replace the fuel tank in 2010 along with the switch panel. I don't feel that the euro transom takes much away from the boat and you can still work a fish around the motor.
              Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

I had a 1999 192. It was really big for a 19'. We really enjoyed it as a good all-around boat. I know the guy I sold it to and he's still enjoying it.

It had a 135 Optimax on it, which pushed it pretty well. I never had the chance to play with props, but did get the motor height correct. I wished I would have put a Rev4 on it. A 150 would be ideal, and I think it would handle a 4-stroke. You could get the scuppers under water if you (me, 150 pounds) were standing on either side of the swim platform area, but not as much standing in the middle. The Eurotransom eliminated any water on deck when waves would approach. Throw whatever deck plates that are in the splashwell away, buy Armstrong plates, and enjoy! I enjoyed the Eurotransom design more than I disliked it.

That was a great boat. It was built as well or better than any other boat in it's "class," so to speak.
                Charleston, SC[br]

Comment

I have a '98 191 that I've owned for 5 years now. Last spring I replaced the original 150 merc with a 150 merc 4 stroke. I burn much less fuel, with same performance. Ive never been on a 192, but the console is set back on the 191, which cuts into stern fishing room. I replaced the seats with a leaning post and added a t top. The bow seating keeps the wife happy for cruises with friends. Last year we were 20 miles offshore, no questions. Best riding 19ft boat in slop I've ever been on. I debated to sell and buy newer with a 4 stroke, but decided to invest in the new motor and keep the boat. No regrets.
                  Salem County, NJ[br]Whaler 15 SS (sold)[br]Mako 191[br]

Comment

Working...
                  X