231 Raw water pump???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 231 Raw water pump???

So I am trying to figure out where the best place is to mount my raw water washdown pump on my 1995 231. My plan is to Tee off of the thru-hull for the livewell with a brass Tee and run it to the pump and so on. I am just having trouble figuring out the best place to mount it and was wondering where some of you fellas have mounted yours? Thank you for any insight. Matt
    1995 231 Tuppens

On our 250 I glassed a block to the back surface of the livewell. Secure the pump and plumbed it to tee off the high speed pick up. we have since added a fresh water washdown by relocating the pump for sink area to the port stern box. Really comes in handy for rinsing the fishing rods. On really hot day I even squirted myself.
    Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

On our 250 I glassed a block to the back surface of the livewell. Secure the pump and plumbed it to tee off the high speed pick up. we have since added a fresh water washdown by relocating the pump for sink area to the port stern box. Really comes in handy for rinsing the fishing rods. On really hot day I even squirted myself.
      Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

On my 231 I mounted it inside the transom below the port lift ring. I ran a hose to a quick connect fitting between the fuel lines on the fuel/water separator pocket. Keep a hose onboard with a female quick connect. My 261 has it mounted in the same place(po put it there) just have to lift out the port lift out box to access it for filter changes or service
        1989 Mako 261[br]SOLD - 1987 231 restore/rebuild http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46836&whichpage=1[br]

Comment

Thank you fellas. I could epoxy some starboard to the back of the livewell, or do like you did Mike. I would actually prefer it how you did Mike, my only questions are....how think do you think the fiberglass is to mount to under the port aft box and do you think its not too high above the waterline to affect the pickup? The pump I have is a Jabsco Hotshot
          1995 231 Tuppens

Comment

On both boats they are mounted about 3 below the lift ring. The fiberglass there is 1/4-3/8 then 1-1/2 of core(original is wood, I redid my transoms with arjay) I just used 1 pan head screws to mount it.
            1989 Mako 261[br]SOLD - 1987 231 restore/rebuild http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46836&whichpage=1[br]

Comment

I put mine in the starboard rear fish box. High and dry.

1991 221 w/ 225 yamaha[br]Margate NJ[br]221 Fuel tank/rewire[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58899

Comment

Dont think epoxy will adhere to starboard. Just bevel a piece of wood and fiberglass in place.
                Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

Working...
                X