231 console redesign.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 231 console redesign.

Hey guys , I am contemplating redesigning and eliminating the useless c pacs on my 231 console. Would love to see some pics from those who have re done.
    Brian Duff[br]1988 Mako 211-Sold [br]1991 Mako 231 special edition[br]2001 Yamaha 250 ox66[br]Toms River, NJ[br][br]

This week Ill get imgur set up and show what Im doing with my 261 console, trying to make it more like a conch/contender console.
    1989 Mako 261[br]SOLD - 1987 231 restore/rebuild http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46836&whichpage=1[br]

Comment

check out Ringleaders 261B. His changes to his console are first class and the way to do it IMO.
      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Brian, I completely redesigned mine be happy to send you pictures text me your # to 4074162022
        John, [br]Sanford Fl[br]1987 231 Mako[br]2019 277 cobia[br]1995 17 Maverick[br]

Comment

a easy way to eliminate the cpacs without glassing is a piece of starboard cut right

1991 221 w/ 225 yamaha[br]Margate NJ[br]221 Fuel tank/rewire[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58899

Comment

Here is how mine was done by the previous owner

1995 231 Tuppens

Comment

Would love to know where I could get the drop in insert
              John[br]1989 Mako 210 (Sold and Missed)[br]

Comment

I like the starboard option better, gives just a little more room edge to edge. I did white before, but if I did again might do in black or grey. A lot of people and even boat dealers make the mistake in my opinion of designing the whole panel around, and centering one chart plotter. As it looks nice, it doesn't really take into account adding things in the future.I'm not a fan of overhead electronics boxes unless its items i'm not gonna be reaching for a lot, besides herniated discs in my neck. Is why I would put the plotter in upper right, or left and work around that flush mounting as much as possible, VHF's, stereos, but leaving open the other side directly opposite the plotter for possibly a 2nd screen one day so I wouldn't have to split screen plotter, sonar, radar. Having been down this road is just my personal preference, but I'm sure other guys would like a different setup.

Comment

I think I like the starboard option best. Although a full insert is nice, I do think it may waste some space.

Thanks for the input guys.
                  Brian Duff[br]1988 Mako 211-Sold [br]1991 Mako 231 special edition[br]2001 Yamaha 250 ox66[br]Toms River, NJ[br][br]

Comment

the starboard can look really cool, can router the edges, use the nice finish washers, other things to finish off real nice. Like I said I wouldn't do white again like my 241 but a grey or black would look bad ass, and not show imperfections. Sure some guys here have used and some pictures to check out

Comment

I'm not a fan of starboard. It is simply a cover up and anyone looking at it can see it. Not to mention it scratches, retains dirt in all the scratches and constantly mildews. The right way to do this is glass it back to a clean slate, paint it and cut to fit your electronics.

David, New Kent, Va[br]

[br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

Comment

would give the best factory finish to it for sure TC, but was happy the way starboard came out on mine, just wish I didn't use white

Comment

Working...
                        X