Wilson Ayala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson Ayala

Just looking on page 3 of your pics, Great job but was wondering the thru hull to the left and down from your disassembled engine, What is that for? We have the same boat mine is 4 years younger I do not have that. Could you let me know

Sorry I just saw this post while looking for something else. I think that you are talking about that large brass through hull. That was the drain for the baitwell. Its a big one about 35gal and sits under the leaning post. I'm not sure why it was done like this, but it really wasn't a bad setup. The well will be going back in, but Im not sure exactly how it will be drained this time.
    1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

I'm planning a setup like that. It will have a thruhull fitting and a seacock screwed to that. The 1 1/2 drain hose will hook to that from the livewell. The seacock is for safety.

Comment

It worked well before I tore it to shreds. Do you think that you need that separate drain or could you tie other stuff to it like a bilge pump?
        1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Well the livewell drains on gravity and it needs to be 1 1/2in drain so the pump doesn't overrun the tank.

The bildge pump thruhulls I like on the STB side so that I can see how much is pumping out. This would depend where your helm is. Center Console it would be on Port side.

Do not tie anything into your bildge pump lines and they need to be up higher so a wave doesn't dump water down them and into the bildge.

If you have more than 1 bildge pump? {I hope you do.}

Do not tie into the same discharge thruhull. Have 1 thruhull of each pump.

I should have a loop going higher than the discharge thruhull in the line.

Comment

I guess I should have known all that. When you say more than one bilge pump do you mean in the same area or are you talking about different cavities on in the hull?
            1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Same aft bildge. a 1200gph and a 2000gph.

Comment

both on float switches?
                1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Thanks for the answer wilson. Is that the overflow drain? Mine does not have one and am trying to get it to drain overboard while the pump is running. Was looking at the manual section and saw a diagram on the 23 foot models owners manual and it looks like it is below the water line. Do you think it will drain as long as the overflow tube is above the water line?

Comment

Yes that is the overflow drain. I don't know if I would put it below the waterline, though the possibility of backflow to that level seems remote. The drain just needs to be below the drain so that gravity can do its job.
                    1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

1200 on a float switch, 2000 on a manual switch.

I disagree with setting the 2nd pump higher in the bildge.

If the first pump quite's you can't get all the water out of the bildge.

Comment

So you're saying set them both at the lowest possible level? That is what makes sense to me.
                        1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Yep.

Comment

You could set a float switch up for the second pump at a higher elevation to act as an emergency switch in your absence. This way your back up pump would not be a manual system. You can always over-ride it with the manual position if you want.
                            Ole Joe
                            Just floundering around
                            Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania
                            1978 Mako 25, Sold

Comment

Working...
                            X