Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to price a project boat

Hi All,

Long story short - I'm in the process of buying my first home, getting married, and a lot more time and effort consuming things! I've come to the decision to sell my Mako project to someone interested in taking her over the finish line. My question is, what do you think it's worth?

1976 Mako 22B

Load Rite Trailer

1989 200 HP Yamaha w/ even compression, runs great.

Brand new transom installed w/ Marine ply as core

Brand new 100 gallon fuel tank

2 4x8 Sheets Marine Ply

2 almost brand new rolls of 1708 and 1.5 CSM

Assorted Tools

The deck has been removed along with two small sections of the center stringer. I have the new marine ply to complete the stringer repair. As the boat sits, the engine is on a stand and the boat has no deck. All the necessary grinding has been done. I have no idea how to price this boat for sale - Any advice or guidance would be appreciated, thanks!
    [/URL]

Congrats on getting married and finding a house! I take it the fiance isn't into boating? When I got married and bought a house, the boat projects definitely took a back seat for 4 years. But now i'm back at it.

Your parts are definitely worth more than the whole. Are you pressed for time to get rid of all this?
    [br]Michael R. Delgado[br]1972 Mako 22[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15745[br]1976 Mako 25[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18013&SearchTerms=mako,25[br]

Comment

Thanks, appreciate that! She loves boating, fishing, anything on the water really. I know how much effort finishing the rebuilt will take and I don't want to be off the water during this busy time...I'm more interested in seeing the boat finished by someone with adequate time - and for me, I'll likely spend more $$ on something turn key. I'd like to pass the boat to someone in the next year or so.
      [/URL]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Tone21

Thanks, appreciate that! She loves boating, fishing, anything on the water really. I know how much effort finishing the rebuilt will take and I don't want to be off the water during this busy time...I'm more interested in seeing the boat finished by someone with adequate time - and for me, I'll likely spend more $$ on something turn key. I'd like to pass the boat to someone in the next year or so.

That's what I did. Got engaged, bought a house. House projects went to the forefront, boat projects went to the back. Last thing I wanted to do was finish house projects, then turn around and work on boat projects. Bought a 2 year old used boat with the fancy new bow seating. No more serious boat projects and happy fiance on the water more frequently with the nice bow seating and transom bench. Someday there will be a 2nd boat, pure fishing machine again.

I agree, you'll get more money parting it out.

Comment

Working...
        X