1979 Hull ID Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 Hull ID Help

I looked at a boat yesterday and something about the hull seemed odd to me. Could not put my finger on it. The Hull ID plate was missing so I could not get the HIN from it. Was this hull maybe originally a straight inboard?

BTW - the title "says" it is a 1979 Mako, but the manufacturer code on the title is MGL not MRK...

Comment

Not a Mako. MGL is Marine Group LLC
      Long Island, New York

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by 81Mako235

Not a Mako. MGL is Marine Group LLC

Yes, I had the owner send me a picture of the title and noticed the discrepancy. The title actually says on the manufacturer name is Mako but clearly the Make ID being MGL shows it as Marine Group. Not sure what to do. The hull seemed pretty good and the motor alone is worth what I can get it for once I replace the injectors which the owner says is the only problem with it right now...

Comment

To further confuse things, the Florida Title shows Identification number as 03798. Doesn't hat mean is was the 37th hull from 1998? Does this look like a 1998?

Comment

certainly looks like the transom was factory molded like an inboard boat. The interior kind of looks like a 23 Wellcraft.
            Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

Not a Mako but it is a Mako console. Someone probably put the console in and kept the Mako tag on it. I agree it does look like a converted I/O but certainly not a Mako.
              1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
              1985 Mako 20c - sold
              Fort Walton Beach, FL
              http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Working...
              X