1978 21B weight??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 21B weight??

Does anyone know what there Mako 21B weighs when ran across a set of scales on the trailer? Mine with an enclosed transom and back 3 foot of stringers filled with Arjay, Johnson 250 Ocean Pro V6, stainless steel hoop top with a bimini top on it, Armstrong 30" setback full flotation bracket and 3/4 tank of fuel weighs 6600 lbs including the aluminum C channel dual axle trailer. Does this sound right? Spec sheet says 2400 lbs for the hull. I did notice when I cut my thruhull transducers that the bottom is almost 1" thick fiberglass. This seemed thick to me? Thanks for any comments or advice.
    1978 Mako 21[br]Schneider [br]Butler, PA

boat 2400

engine 600

batteries - 175

fuel - 70 gallons = 420

gear - 125

trailer - 1000

total = 4720#....pretty large jump up to 6600 pounds

Have no idea what that other stuff weighs..the Armstrong bracket or the coring stuff...you might have some wet foam or trapping water somewhere...I had water in the hull forward of my fuel tank..
    Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

cgmiller, how was the water trapped in front of your fuel tank? My boat has the original tank as far as I know. I have no smell of gas or fuel leaking. But I'm suspecting I have some wet foam, but it doesn't seem possible for that much wet foam to be in my boat.

Comment

cgmiller, how was the water trapped in front of your fuel tank? My boat has the original tank as far as I know. I have no smell of gas or fuel leaking. But I'm suspecting I have some wet foam, but it doesn't seem possible for that much wet foam to be in my boat.

Comment

I think the water in the forward part of the hull was from the drain at the bottom of the center hatch in the bow area. The pvc drain tubes under the tank coffin were plugged. When I pulled the tank and removed all of the foam from the coffin, water started entering the coffin from the holes in the bottom that Mako used to get foam in under the coffin. I used a long piece of steel rebar and jammed it in through the transom drain hole to create drain holes through the foam under the coffin.
          Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

Working...
          X