Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1974 Mako 15 Capacity Plate Info

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me the information on a coast guard plate for a 1974 Mako 15? I purchased my Mako 15 in the spring, but there is no plate anywhere that I can find. I go fresh water only, and doubt I will ever be stopped, but I still would like to know the information, even purchase a replacement. I went to the Mako/Tracker website, and was told they do not have the information (boat was before the company merger). Thanks everyone!
    Mark Kriz[br]Mako15 1974[br]Mercury Thunderbolt 800 1972[br]Maple Valley, WA[br][br]

there are a few in my neighborhood. I will see if I can get that info for you..if you don't hear from me in a few days remind me.
    Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

there are a few in my neighborhood. I will see if I can get that info for you..if you don't hear from me in a few days remind me.
      Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

Thanks, greatly appreciate it.
        Mark Kriz[br]Mako15 1974[br]Mercury Thunderbolt 800 1972[br]Maple Valley, WA[br][br]

Comment

Thats not true. The Mako site below has most info but not passenger number. Also the USCG didnt require plates back then (therefore Mako didnt install them).

http://www.mako-boats.com/past-model...tBoatYear=1974

[/quote]
          [br]Captain W[br]1970 Mako 19

Comment

Thats not true. The Mako site below has most info but not passenger number. Also the USCG didnt require plates back then (therefore Mako didnt install them).

http://www.mako-boats.com/past-model...tBoatYear=1974

[/quote]

Comment

No word from the Mako 15 owners yet....

Jones..my 1974 Mako 17 has a capacity plate...

Comment

No word from the Mako 15 owners yet....

Jones..my 1974 Mako 17 has a capacity plate...

Comment

Sorry cgmiller. I didnt realized your and Marks newer 74s were just barely required to have capacity plates. Apparently, the feds forced boat manufacturers to install these since the summer of 73. Lucky you guys. Either way, my point was the info is available on the Mako site. Good luck Mark!

http://www.discoverboating.com/resou...cle.aspx?id=69

Comment

Sorry cgmiller. I didnt realized your and Marks newer 74s were just barely required to have capacity plates. Apparently, the feds forced boat manufacturers to install these since the summer of 73. Lucky you guys. Either way, my point was the info is available on the Mako site. Good luck Mark!

Comment

Comment

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by krizm200

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me the information on a coast guard plate for a 1974 Mako 15? I purchased my Mako 15 in the spring, but there is no plate anywhere that I can find. I go fresh water only, and doubt I will ever be stopped, but I still would like to know the information, even purchase a replacement. I went to the Mako/Tracker website, and was told they do not have the information (boat was before the company merger). Thanks everyone!

The way I read it, the requirements are for the manufacture of boats.

Once the boat leaves the factory/dealer, well, they sometimes fall off.
                          2007 Everglades 243 250 Suzuki[br]1988 201 Yamaha 200 - Sold[br]1990 261 T/200 SWS - Sold[br]1978 25 225 Johnson - Sold[br]1975 20 85 Merc - Sold[br]Jacksonville, FL[br]

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am at the website for Mako, it shows some information on the Mako 15 from 1974. It doesn't have the number of passengers listed. Does anyone know if the approx weight is the weight of the boat, or the total weight that can go on the boat? Maybe I was reading it wrong, my thought was it is the weight of the hull.

Comment

Weight of the hull.
                              2007 Everglades 243 250 Suzuki[br]1988 201 Yamaha 200 - Sold[br]1990 261 T/200 SWS - Sold[br]1978 25 225 Johnson - Sold[br]1975 20 85 Merc - Sold[br]Jacksonville, FL[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X