Anchor Roller on 20c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchor Roller on 20c

As the fiberglass work nears finishing on my 86 20c I couldnt help but notice the chafing from anchor rode over the years going through the guides but still rubbing the fiberglass. I thought an anchor roller would pretty much solve this problem except the lip on the bow of the boat might cause an issue. Anyone with a 20c do an anchor roller? How did you go about doing the install and accounting for the lip?

thanks!

I'm considering adding a pulpit to mine. I'm researching ways to have one constructed but, I'd want my bowrail altered around the pulpit as well. I know someone here has a wood pulpit on their 20. I remember seeing the pic.
    Long Island NY [br]1985 Mako 20C[br]2003 Yamaha OX66 150[br]

Comment

I haven't seen a lot of pics on here in general (thanks photobucket) haha.

Hopefully someone has some ideas. That anchor locker is tough to pull a fortress into and out of without causing something to knot up. So a nice roller or pulpit with a nice rope/chain deck pipe would look awesome and be very functional as well.

Comment

i did find this thread

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=30659

And when searching on google you can see the picture of it but not when you open the thread. It almost looks like he used starboard to lift the one end to be even with the lip on the bow and then split the bow light into two separate lights.

Comment

I have one on my 258 which is just a plank of fiberglass trimmed out with wood, the thread Davos 258.

My father also has a 20 with a simple teak bow spirit and roller, you will need to have separate bow lights each side or figure out something else for the nav lights up front.
          1978 Chrysler 22 sailboat (sold)[br]1973 Catalina 22 sailboat (sold)[br]1983 Compac 23 sailboat (sold)[br]1973 Mako 17 (fishing machine)[br]1983 Mako 258 (current project)[br][br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Davoboat

I have one on my 258 which is just a plank of fiberglass trimmed out with wood, the thread Davos 258.

My father also has a 20 with a simple teak bow spirit and roller, you will need to have separate bow lights each side or figure out something else for the nav lights up front.

My concern is the slight "lip" on the bow of the 20c. How would one go about mounting a roller that is going to be at an angle? or how do T account for the angle in mounting?

I know it's not overly difficult to stack up some starboard or even utilize some S.S Washers and bolt through that and leave a gap underneath mounting points on the roller. But wanted to see if anyone else had a better idea first.

Comment

Working...
            X