Florida Key residents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Key residents

I'm sure this question might find most of you guys very busy still cleaning up from Irma... but how's everyone doing that was affected by the storm? Getting your houses in order? how are the boats doing? Just thinking of you guys and haven't heard on seen much posted lately. God Bless!

I haven't been on here much because I have made 5 trips to Marathon in the last 6 weeks. The Keys look like a bomb went off. Our place did not lose a single shingle off the roof but we got 3" of standing water in the house and couldn't access it for a week due to the government. By the time we got there Black mold had already started growing in the walls and subfloor. Currently we have 4 walls, roof and no floor. Drywall is cut up 16" from the floor and the whole structure has been treated for mold. Next week starts the rebuilding process of the subfloor, rough in new plumbing, drywall, Paint, flooring, cabinets, vanities and what ever else we find. I figure a 5-6 month process due to the fact that most inexpensive housing for the residents was either blown or washed away. Contractors have all the hotels booked up and can't find laborers unless they bring them with them from the mainland. It is going to be a long haul for most of us down there. I have pics and have set up a new imgur account but haven't played with it enough to figure out how to post pics.

1983 Mako 254/1999 Sport Nautique GT-40/1997 Sea Doo GSi/ 1984 Surf Jet

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the update... so sorry for loss, sounds like your getting your hands around it but still alot of work. Love Marathon, hope the area comes back as good as new. God Bless, good luck, know that there are alot of people wishing you well.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the update... so sorry for loss, sounds like your getting your hands around it but still alot of work. Love Marathon, hope the area comes back as good as new. God Bless, good luck, know that there are alot of people wishing you well.

Comment

Working...
        X