1993 22.1B Prop size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 22.1B Prop size

I have a 1993 22.1 B mako and just put a 2004 Yamadog hpdi 250 on her. I'm looking for prop for this motor. Anyone with this style boat have any suggestions. On my old motor 1996 Yamadog 250 I had a 15 and 1/4 by 19 saltwater series prop. Thanks.

I was running a similar size prop on a 225 Merc on a 21B..if that prop worked well that is probably a good staring point..you should be at the upper end of the rpm range when light and low on fuel.
    Chris Miller[br]Mystic Islands, NJ[br]1974 17 Classic[br]1988 211 Classic (sold)[br]1990 Grady White 230 Gulfstream (sold)[br][img][br]

Comment

What is your WOT RPM and Speed now?

Comment

37 knts at 5100 rpms its a Mercury Mirage i think its a 15 1/4 by 19 it came with the motor when I bought it.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by tunaboy

37 knts at 5100 rpms its a Mercury Mirage i think its a 15 1/4 by 19 it came with the motor when I bought it.

How do you like the feel? Meaning hole-shot, cruising speed etc.

If youre getting 5100 at WOT with your normal load youll probably want to step into a 17 pitch to bring you up to the 5500 sweet spot. Should give you a bit more top end too.

Ken at propgods is fantastic with exact situational props, but has been talking about the enertia props, or the Q3 which is the quicksilver equivalent for our heavier boats.

Comment

I have a 1977 22 cc. I just tried a few props out by going through a local marine salvage and restore business. I currently have a 15x17 prop on there now and tried a 4 blade 14 1/4 x 19, a 3 blade 14 1/2 x 19 and a 3 blade 14 1/4 x 24 and the best hole shot and all around performance came from my original 15x17 prop. I found the aggressive 3 blade props slipped in the water and the hole shot was lacking and the 4 blade was poor at hole shots as it bit in the water but took a long time for the engine to get up to higher rpm. The 4 blade prop was great at top end but I could not get to WOT. Actually I could only get to 4900 rpm with the 4 blade prop installed. So its in my educated opinion to go with the 3 blade 15x17 or 15 1/4 x 17 if you have one already. The smaller the diameter the faster the engine can turn the prop up to higher rpms. Hope this helps.
            Proud owner of a Mako 22

Comment

I have a 1977 22 cc. I just tried a few props out by going through a local marine salvage and restore business. I currently have a 15x17 prop on there now and tried a 4 blade 14 1/4 x 19, a 3 blade 14 1/2 x 19 and a 3 blade 14 1/4 x 24 and the best hole shot and all around performance came from my original 15x17 prop. I found the aggressive 3 blade props slipped in the water and the hole shot was lacking and the 4 blade was poor at hole shots as it bit in the water but took a long time for the engine to get up to higher rpm. The 4 blade prop was great at top end but I could not get to WOT. Actually I could only get to 4900 rpm with the 4 blade prop installed. So its in my educated opinion to go with the 3 blade 15x17 or 15 1/4 x 17 if you have one already. The smaller the diameter the faster the engine can turn the prop up to higher rpms. Hope this helps.
              Proud owner of a Mako 22

Comment

I've got the same hull with a Yamaha f250 fourstroke. I run a mirage plus 19 pitch x 15 1/4" and sometimes I put a rev 4 17 pitch on it if I want it to be a little more sporty.

Comment

I've got the same hull with a Yamaha f250 fourstroke. I run a mirage plus 19 pitch x 15 1/4" and sometimes I put a rev 4 17 pitch on it if I want it to be a little more sporty.

Comment

Thanks to All for the replies. I think I'm going to call Ken at PropGods about the enertia prop. Its a 14x19 and mine is 15 and 1/4x19 so the smaller diameter should bring up my rpms. As far as the prop I have its ok with the hole shot but I'm sure the enertia will make it pop up faster. In the bay its ok but in the Ocean I think the smaller diameter will give me the right mid range rpms.

Comment

Working...
                    X