Keyman- wiring Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyman- wiring Q

Figured I might as well go right to the best!!

What is your formula for determining the gauge wire to run to various electrical components.?

Woukd a 16 gauge tinnnd two strand be big enough to run my rule 1500 bilge pump?

I am kind of just going through and replacing a wire at a time, until I have them all done, LOL. I bought 100 feet of tinned 16/2 and 100 feet of 18/2. Most of my lights are LED.

I am going to be replacing my old one to all battery switch. Probably going with the blue seas ACR. So I will be figuring that out next.
    Pepper One[br]Fort Pierce, FL[br]\"If the fish aren\'t biting, jump in and shoot them\"[br][br]

I checked Rule site and the 1500gph pump draws 4.8Amps @12VDC. What you haven't provided is how you are installing the controls and lenght of cable run. The cable size calculation is determined by the total cable lenght and current draw and 3% voltage drop. If you are going to have a helm control switch H-O-A run back to bilge and float switch and also where are your batteries located? Consider using minmum #12AWG based on 20ft run and 3% voltage drop at pump. The 16/2AWG is fine for LEDS and other low current draw devices. Ancor provides a table which shows cable sizing.

I prefer the BEP switch cluster for battery management because of the integral design of VSR and battery switch arrangement. An ACR and switch arrangement requires some addition jumpers to accomplish the same design.
    Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by keyman

I checked Rule site and the 1500gph pump draws 4.8Amps @12VDC. What you haven't provided is how you are installing the controls and lenght of cable run. The cable size calculation is determined by the total cable lenght and current draw and 3% voltage drop. If you are going to have a helm control switch H-O-A run back to bilge and float switch and also where are your batteries located? Consider using minmum #12AWG based on 20ft run and 3% voltage drop at pump. The 16/2AWG is fine for LEDS and other low current draw devices. Ancor provides a table which shows cable sizing.

I prefer the BEP switch cluster for battery management because of the integral design of VSR and battery switch arrangement. An ACR and switch arrangement requires some addition jumpers to accomplish the same design.

Swizzle!! Thanks keyman. Ya it's a 12' or so run. Batteries are in the cc.

I'll get some 12/2 for sure. Might even get 10/2 for my wash down pump!

Im just gonna do a few circuits at a time so not as to drive the wife crazy spending hours with 'her' #128514; When I've replaced them all I'll pull the old crap out!!

Next up bep cluster!
      Pepper One[br]Fort Pierce, FL[br]\"If the fish aren\'t biting, jump in and shoot them\"[br][br]

Comment

Could provide an Excel spreadsheet for electrical components, subpanel layout and wiring diagrams for your project. Let me know at DMK one one six at comcast dot net. Provide list of all components to control with loads if you know them. The load total will determine the main circuit breaker and wire size. Typically 60A Blueseas series 285 circuit breaker from house battery to fuse block should be enough but lets double check. List all electronics also. Motor hp for BEP sizing also any future items like radar, shore power and stereo amps. Found an older post about fuse vs circuit breaker use too.
        Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

Working...
        X