Switch help for 1990 221

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch help for 1990 221

Hello all, I am trying to determine what switches control what and was hoping someone could run down the order. I am referring to the ones located on the bottom right of the console (bilge pump, cockpit lights, etc)

And / or if anyone knows just the one for the live well pump, I'll take what ever you got.

I realize they may not be the same on all boats but I'll gladly take any feedback.

Thanks.

There are a few Owners Manuals with wiring diagrams on this site.

Click the Home link at the top of this page.

Then go to FAQ/Referrence, and then to the Mako Marine Owners Manuals link. There's one for a 221B, not sure what year it is.

Also, there is a standard color code for marine wiring. Together, these bits of info should enable you to sort it out.
    M20 project-Finally Splashed!
    https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...r-bottom-paint
    Gallery
    https://forum.classicmako.com/member...kgfisher/media

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I thought I included this but it is 1990 M 22, at least that is what is says on the owners manual, in which there is a switch diagram but it does not apply to my boat. I have toggle switches on the upside of a little indented panel on the bottom right of the console.

Looks older than anything else on the boat so I am about sure its original. Boat overall is in excellent condition.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by 302Harbour

Hello all, I am trying to determine what switches control what and was hoping someone could run down the order. I am referring to the ones located on the bottom right of the console (bilge pump, cockpit lights, etc)

And / or if anyone knows just the one for the live well pump, I'll take what ever you got.

I realize they may not be the same on all boats but I'll gladly take any feedback.

Thanks.

John Almquist

Comment

I have the original owners manual for my 1991 M221 that shows the switch panel diagram and the switch panel wiring diagram. I can send you a picture of these pages if that helps. Not sure how to do that as I am brand new to this site. The locations are form port to starboard: Bilge pump, Nav lights, cockpit lights, panel lights, accessory, baitwell
          John Almquist

Comment

Awesome, thank you much! I'm pretty sure I'll be able to figure it out as the first three on your rig are in the same order as mine, then it gets fuzzy from there.

Comment

Working...
            X