X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Sailor

• Sailor
    replied
    ping pong scuppers would help as well. but as others have said it's just a bad design and the floor should be higher.

Leave a comment:

• JONESWR

• JONESWR
    replied
    I can see how that would work. Thanks for the idea.

Leave a comment:

• cgmiller

• cgmiller
    replied
    The only way to fix that problem completely is to raise the floor. I have the same problem in my 17 and I keep the plugs in all the time. Before I repowered I could leave 1 out and put weight on the bow to help the hull drain, but now with the new 4 stroke its too heavy to self bail.

Leave a comment:

• JONESWR

• JONESWR
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by ChuckB

I prefer the through transom over shower drains that came about later. My 224 had similar set-up, and when I did my transom I went back with just the 2 corners; made the holes larger. I have these flaps with wedges and do not have an issue with water coming back in.

http://thmarine.com/large-rectangular-scuppers

Thanks ChuckB. This looks like a good improvement for the transom. Thank you for the suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• JONESWR

• JONESWR
    replied
    Thanks Naname Dave. Great short term solution. I appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• ChuckB

• ChuckB
    replied
    I prefer the through transom over shower drains that came about later. My 224 had similar set-up, and when I did my transom I went back with just the 2 corners; made the holes larger. I have these flaps with wedges and do not have an issue with water coming back in.

http://thmarine.com/large-rectangular-scuppers

Leave a comment:

• Noname Dave

• Noname Dave
    replied
    I think that was an inherent problem on that model. When I trailer my 201 I plug the drains from the inside to prevent water backing up in the engine well when loading and unloading. You could do that.

Or install ball scuppers.

I think the center drain was common on early Mako's. I had one on a 25 I had.

Leave a comment:

• JONESWR

• JONESWR
    started a topic Drains through transom?

Drains through transom?

The drains on my 1970 Mako 19, do not drain properly. Any following waves bring water in and acceleration takes water out. There are no scuppers on these drains. I am planning a significant overhaul of the gas tank, foam and stringers (if necessary) this winter. Any suggestions on the drainage issue would be greatly appreciated.

Also there are 3 drainage holes through the transom. One is in the center but blocked completely by the newer outboard. Was that an original feature on this model?
Working...
X