Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mako224
    • Dec 2003

Interesting Bimini top

While I must admit I have neverliked Bimini tops, I saw this boat on ebay and I thought this Bimini actually complements the boat. I am tempted to get one. I have not put a t-top on my mako because I like to cast artificials and a t-top would interfear. Once a week or so durring the summer though I run 20 to 30 miles offshore and you really need a way to get out of the sun out there. I must admit though that the thought of putting one of these on my mako makes me queezy but a recent trip to the dermatologist is giving me second thoughts.

• Alcedo
    • Dec 2003

T tops are nice, but ya get down here in Fl and ya want all the A/C ya can get. A lot more bimini's in the Keys than t tops for that reason. I have debated and debated, think I am sticking with a big bimini.

Comment

• hammertime
      • Dec 2003

T-Tops are nice,and make a boat look better if built right.But,I have to agree with Alcedo,a 8 ft. bimini in the summer is priceless.!!!!!!!!!!

Gulf Breeze Fl.

[8D]
      Gulf Breeze Fl.

Comment

• RingLeader
        Administrator
        • Dec 2003

Gotta get a big T-top... 5x7 is the minumum. I won't go any other way. I am aware of its location when I am casting, so it doesn't bother me at all. I'll sit on the back of the leaning post, in the shade, and side arm cast all day long. In a 21' boat 2-3 guys is a full crowd.
        Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

• Alcedo
          • Dec 2003

Hey Eddie....what the hell is casting....thought that was bass fisherman's vocab. We either drag crap behind the boat or drop straight down. []

Glad to see ya back me upo on that one Hammertime...Thanks Brother. []

Comment

• mako224
            • Dec 2003

Here in NJ we do alot of fishing durring the summer in the backwaters using topwater plugs particularly at sunrise and sunset. I also will occasionally break out a fly rod for these backwater bass. There is nothing quite like a 20 pound striper crashing a popper in 3 feet of water.

Comment

• warthog5
              • Dec 2003

I would say not. Nothing like any fish crashing the bait on top.[]

Comment

• Alcedo
                • Dec 2003

Just messing with ya, t-top, no top or bimini. I gues ois application and personal preference.

Comment

• Hoowasher
                  • Jan 2004

I have and have had both. Can't beat the Bimini for shade. However the T- Top on my 224 not only provides shade but makes a good... Hand hold...outrigger mount...rod rack...antenna and light mount... electronics box...lfe vest storage.

This summer when we go lobstering we are adding a bimini or two to the boat along w/ the T-Top. Shade is important.

Comment

• Hoowasher
                    • Jan 2004

Let's see if I can show it...

[8D][8D][8D]

Comment

• hammertime
                      • Dec 2003

Can't see the pic hoowasher.I would like to see a t-top with a double bimini.A radar arch with front and rear bimini looks good.

Gulf Breeze Fl.

[8D]
                      Gulf Breeze Fl.

Comment

Working...