1989 mako 21 fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 mako 21 fuel tank

I had a Mako 21 under restoration during hurricane ida my fuel tank disappeared does anyone have a place that has the dimensions to build a new tank or pre fabs

Sunshine Marine Tanks in FL has built an awful lot of Mako tanks, they may have something.

Current
    '76 Mako 25 w/ '10 Yamaha F300
    Previous
    '85 Mako 21B w/ '94 225 yamaha
    '73 Mako 19 w/ '96 112spl Evinrude
    Brick, NJ

Comment

• organicp
      organicp
      organicp commented
      Editing a comment
      I reached out to them they said can build it but need dimensions since don’t have the tank to measure back in same boat

You could aways measure the coffin box to come up with the dimensions. You know where it needs to fit, just leave some space around the sides and bottom. Also based on where your access is in the coffin lid you know where the fuel sender and hose connections should be located. It's a little more work to figure it out that way but not out of the question.

Current
    '76 Mako 25 w/ '10 Yamaha F300
    Previous
    '85 Mako 21B w/ '94 225 yamaha
    '73 Mako 19 w/ '96 112spl Evinrude
    Brick, NJ

Comment

• organicp
      organicp
      organicp commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought about doing that but was hoping someone had measurements to make life easier

Not sure it helps but I am working on getting a tank built for my 1994 201 (100 gal tank) and it is 54x36; 10" deep on outsides and 12.75" deep in the middle. I believe the tank in the older 21 was much smaller... I can send pics and more numbers if it is helpful.

Comment

Working...
    X