1970’s? Mako 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970’s? Mako 19

1970’s? Mako 19 Trying to determine the Model year 19ft Mako. No HIN on transom and have now been able to locate the .2nd hin (searches the anchors locker and all over the console) the boats serial number is 1150 and has a 78 evinrude 115 on it (year based on model number)

Definetly looks to be a 1970s 19ft. If the tags are not on the transom or in the anchor locker you may be out of luck, i don't know of any other location it may be. Great little boats, I had a '73 19ft years ago.

Current
    '76 Mako 25 w/ '03 300 Yamaha HPDI
    Previous
    '85 Mako 21B w/ '94 225 yamaha
    '73 Mako 19 w/ '96 112spl Evinrude
    Brick, NJ

Comment

Fandar,
      still doing some research and a lot of reading on this site. I've found some insight that points me to thinking it is an early 70's prior to Nov. 72 based on the serial number on the capacity card which would explain why there is no HIN in any locations. She's a solid boat looking forward to repowering her and getting back out on the water.

Comment

Mines a 70 according to title and I haven't been able to locate a HIN either

Comment

HIN numbers did not become mandatory until 1972. If you have a serial number and no HIN number chances are high its a 1968 - 1971 year boat. Possibly a 1972, I know the Coast Guard implemented the HIN system in 1972 but I dont know when in that year, so the 1972 model years may have already been produced.

Current
          '76 Mako 25 w/ '03 300 Yamaha HPDI
          Previous
          '85 Mako 21B w/ '94 225 yamaha
          '73 Mako 19 w/ '96 112spl Evinrude
          Brick, NJ

Comment

Crodia05 do you have a s/n on the capacity placard just curious to see if it’s anywhere close to mine

Comment

Hey Mike....

I own a 1972 Mako 19 and the only factory installed hull identification I could find was a serial number stamped into the capacity plate. The original aluminum plate was riveted to the center console in the same location as your Mako 19.

I also found the same serial number etched into the gelcoat on the transom....I believe this was done by a previous owner and was not a factory practice.

Here's a couple images of my findings...

The image above is a remanufacture from the original factory plate.

I should also mention that when I registered the vessel here in New Jersey, the DMV asked for the HIN number. I explained the boat only has a serial number because of its age and they used the serial number M19-1658 and added zero's to complete the HIN number requirements.

Hope this information is helpful!

Eric
              A wise man once said, "Son... if it has tits, tires or a transom... sooner or later it's gonna give you problems." -the old man

1972 Classic Mako 19
              https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...t-squot-ole-19

Comment

Working...
              X