Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Plate ?? Mako 20c

Hello Y'all,

First and foremost I must state that I have been a lurker to this great website for a few years. Also a junior member and first post as I type. So much great useful information here but felt compelled to sign up and create a post. So any information or thoughts from someone here who may have experience would be greatly appreciated.

Dude Reel Stoopid has a 1987 20'c old battle wagon skiff with a 1997 Yamadog 150 hp 2stroke. My good buddy Robert and I are about to install an older Bobs Machine 4" set back jack plate.

Any thoughts on where to mount the reservoir tank??

Thanks,

More questions from a junior member. lol. 2nd post but who is counting. Do believe though Dude might be the 15 thousandth 87th member

Comment

Question got stuck in the photo

Is the hook circled in the photo the only point of contact necessary to lift the Yamadog? Or should something maybe be bolted to the top of the fly wheel to help stabilize the free swinging motor after we unbolt it from the transom??

Thanks,

Comment

Got the motor free today after work

Comment

And yes the circle is the only point need to pull a Yamadog

Comment

How to tuck 150 horses into a barn??

Comment

Also decided to mount the reservoir in the starboard side rear hatch. Originally that is where the batteries were when I bought the boat a few years. Have decided to and am moving the batteries to under the center console. Hopefully create better weight distribution too

Comment

Ummm...forgot what I was typing

Comment

Comment

Bob's Machine Shop is top notch and they are best ever people to work with

Comment

This whole project started when Dude's good buddy Robert found an old jack plate at his shop. Ironically it was a Bobs jack plate

Comment

My friend Robert has been the engineer and Bob's Machine shop hooked it up to retro fit and upgrade from an old Bob

Comment

Comment

Some aircraft polish for a boat???

Comment

Dude likes to get high...No worries...just legalize it

Comment

Working...
                              X