Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sumguy
    replied
    Great. Thank you! The tube just barely fits in the drain hole so there's not much of a 'gap'.

Leave a comment:

• jamie
    replied
    Originally posted by Sumguy View Post
    So I picked up some pvc tubes today. The west systems thickened epoxy Six10 will be here Friday. Just slobber the epoxy on the inside of the hole and outside of the tube and shove the tube in the hole?
    Yes and make sure that once you have the tube in place that you pack more thickened epoxy into the gap from both sides. You want to get the space between the hull and the PVC as full of thickened epoxy as you can. You should also sand the outside of the PVC pipe with rough sandpaper before you start so that the epoxy has a good rough surface to bond to.

Leave a comment:

• Sumguy
    replied
    So I picked up some pvc tubes today. The west systems thickened epoxy Six10 will be here Friday. Just slobber the epoxy on the inside of the hole and outside of the tube and shove the tube in the hole?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jamie
    replied
    Thickened epoxy refers to putting something in the epoxy to thicken it into a paste. There are a few things commonly used for this, Cabosil, Cotton Fiber, 3M Bubbles, etc to name a few.
    A bunch of them are listed in the westsystem link above with descriptions on what they work well for.

Leave a comment:

• CReelSr
    replied
    Check out this website https://www.westsystem.com/wp-conten...anual-2016.pdf
    There is a lot of information about their epoxies.

Leave a comment:

• Sumguy
    replied
    Would marine Tex work? Or would I need something more specialized?

EDIT- Thickened epoxy is the name of the epoxy. Got it. I'm not familair with all the different epoxies and goo's out there. But if I ever finish this project I'm sure I will be. Looks like this thickened epoxy only comes in a full size caulk tube. I think I need about 1/4 of that at most.
    Last edited by Sumguy; 03-29-2020, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Thors Outlaw
    replied
    I replaced my brass sleeves with PVC also. I didn’t use 4200 I used thickened epoxy.

Leave a comment:

• Sumguy
    replied
    So just cut a piece of pvc (or stainless) to the exact thickness of the transom, slather it in 4200, and shove it in?

Leave a comment:

• jamie
    replied
    I used thickened epoxy to bed a piece of PVC pipe for my drain plug hole.

Leave a comment:

• Sumguy
    replied
    Originally posted by CReelSr View Post
    I replaced the brass scuppers on our 25 several years ago. I bought a Moeller flanging tool. I removed the old scupper, coated the hole with thickened epoxy then installed a new brass scupper with 5200 with the flanging tool. Maybe this will help.
    Someone in THT mentioned getting this-
    https://tdibrass.com/products/1-5-di...nt=36853513288

and flaring each side of it once I cut it to size. I don't see ANY moeller flanging tool for 1.5" pipe though. It's always 1", 1-1/4", or 1-7/8".

Leave a comment:

• Sumguy
    replied
    Originally posted by jamie View Post
    I don't follow what you are looking for.
    Are you looking for the part that covers the hole or are you looking to sleeve the hole through the transom?
    The sleeve that runs through the transom.
    originally I was thinking i could use a thru-hull for them but can't find one that will for the current hole.

Leave a comment:

• CReelSr
    replied
    I replaced the brass scuppers on our 25 several years ago. I bought a Moeller flanging tool. I removed the old scupper, coated the hole with thickened epoxy then installed a new brass scupper with 5200 with the flanging tool. Maybe this will help.
    Last edited by CReelSr; 03-27-2020, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• radioman
    replied
    Last time I replaced scupper tubes, I epoxied thin wall PVC pipe in their place...

Leave a comment:

• jamie
    replied
    I don't follow what you are looking for.
    Are you looking for the part that covers the hole or are you looking to sleeve the hole through the transom?

Leave a comment:

• 81Mako235
    replied
    Looks like you could enlarge, just don’t go lower.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X