1992 Mako 171 Rodholder Angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Mako 171 Rodholder Angle

I need to replace my original rod holders. It looks like replacement options are 30 or 15 degrees. I think my stock ones were somewhere in between. (It is possible my measurement wasn't accurate.) I am guessing I'll go with the 30 degree ones but wanted to know if anyone knew or had suggestions.

I'd also appreciate any specific brand/model recommendations.

Thanks.

Why are you replacing the originals?
    I was just about to throw mine away last week then I hit them with 100, 150, 300, 400 grit sandpaper and then a scrotchbright pad. Then one final pass with 150 grit for that brushed look. This is not the final product but you can see the difference. They now look incredible! And they're original and have the little shark on them too

Comment

a cloth buffing wheel from Harbor Freight with some of that white paste works wonders as well.
      Matt221[br]\'89 Mako 221 w/ Zuke 250[br]\'77 Mako 17\' Angler (under construction)[br]Auburn,AL[br]

Comment

Before and after. Bench grinder buffing wheel and metal polishing compound bars.
        Last edited by CReelSr; 03-24-2020, 05:04 PM.
        Charles-Pearland,TX
        Sea Reel- 1977 Mako 25 SOLD
        Phe Phe's 17- 1978 Mako 17 Standard-in TX

Comment

Thanks guys, but I am replacing it because the tube was corroded and broke completely free from the flange. When it happened one of my trolling rods went overboard. Luckily I had a safety cord on it. Please let me know what you guys think for a replacement.
          Thanks!

Comment

Just wanted to follow up in case anyone else needs the info. The original rod holders were about 27 degrees. I am guessing that 30 degree replacements should be fine. Click image for larger version

Name:	Rod Holder.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	544494
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X