• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam

Does anyone know what LB foam mako used in there back in 92
    2,4,6 lb ?

Let’s try a different approach
    has anyone added foam back into your boat after a repair,if so what lb foam did you put back

Comment

I have. I think that it was 4lb foam.
      Toronto, Canada[br]76 Mako 23[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=60514

Comment

I recall previous posts that indicated 4 lb should be used around the fuel tanks while 2 lb would be satisfactory in other areas.
        Ole Joe
        Just floundering around
        White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
        1978 Mako 25

Comment

I used 3 pound density around the tank and 2 pound density everywhere else. It is worth noting that both the 2 and 3 pound density foams I used were significantly more dense than the old foam that I removed from my hull. The old foam has a much larger cell structure. It may only have been 1 pound density from the factory. Guessing the foam they used was something shot into the boat with a gun of some sort. The foam I used was from this company. Its the best source for foam I've found. http://www.uscomposites.com/foam.html

Comment

I used 4lb around the fuel tank and a few other structural areas. After the third time I went back for more foam, I determined they sold me heavy density foam the last two times despite me asking for different foam for different areas of the boat.

So, for structural or bonding, use heavier. For filing voids and cavities, use lighter foam. Yes, you will see a significant difference in quantity needed !!!

Comment

• Creative561
              Creative561 commented
              Editing a comment
              So ture ! I used 4LB more less under the fuel liner and around the fuel liner to a point ,also around the tank . I know i could of used 2 LB under the liner and around the liner but i figured a little more density in those ares would not hurt .

How much actual foam did you guys need to foam in your fuel tank?

Comment

• Creative561
              Creative561 commented
              Editing a comment
              I used two kits .I had about 1/2 of kit left over .I used some of that to lock the fuel fill hose and vent hose in place .You could probably squeeze it out of one kit.
          Working...
          X