Outboard pivot point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outboard pivot point

I have a set of force outboards(125's) they have not been greased well by the previous owner and are causing a hard steer condition on the hydraulic system ,i have unhooked them and broken them free they have the press in grease fittings and i have replaced them but under pressure they pop out the old crusty grease has been removed as best as i can and i have pumped in fresh grease with only one side pumping grease out of the bottom the other side the top question is how can i get the grease to flow out of both ends and should i drill and thread bigger grease fittings in to stop the popping under pressure i have the boat onle a week and am going over it thoroughly motors are 1989 and original on the boat with 350hrs

HANK

I'd say yes drill and tap so the zerk fittings will hold. You would be amazed at how much preasure you can get from pumping in grease.

That's the best I can do without seeing exactly whats going on.

Comment

I'd say yes drill and tap so the zerk fittings will hold. You would be amazed at how much preasure you can get from pumping in grease.

That's the best I can do without seeing exactly whats going on.

Comment

where on Long Island are you????

Comment

where on Long Island are you????

Comment

Im from Holbrook are you local if so do you have a good outboard guy around here these are my first ouboards and i need a little guidance with them .Soon as the snow stops i will try to thread in the fittings and pump some more grease i have been soaking them with lube to try to soften up the unreachable grease hopefully it will work

Comment

i'm in nassau county and have to go to the my boatyard tomorrow.....i have a few good guys in mind but let me make sure they will go out that far

Comment

Im on a trailer so getting to them is no problem its easier than taking the engines off and a lot less work,i fish with my uncle out of Point Lookout for bass in jones inlet every fall .He has a 21 Robalo at the Hempstead town dock by the bridge we fish with a few retired guys and Rich Johnson they have a little group there we will hook up if your from there or debs inlet,im going to run out of Fire Isl inlet

Comment

Just forgot i did tap the fittings with 3/8 size they are in secure so got to bring home the good grease gun from the shop tomorrow and pump it up see what happens that is after i shovel my way to the boat more snow tonight another 7" or so ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Well pivots are greased and had to use heat to get it flowing pumped in moore and now they swing in the breeze now on to hooking up the steering and going over the motors (120 force outboards)350hrs ,anybody have good or bad or comon problems they are 1989's

Comment

Working...
                    X