Transom Splash Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transom Splash Boards

These are the splashboards I recently added to my Mako 230. I made them from starboard (per Warthog's recommendation) without too much trouble.

Next project will be resetting my dock that Hurricane Dennis warped.

Look's Clean and Functional.[]

Comment

These look great. I purchased the board today but have changed my mind on the mounting plan since seeing your pictures. What brackets did you use and how did you mount them to the boat???

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

jmako - that looks great. Do I see a drop down splashboard still in the picture as well? If I add plates like you have I will probably loose the other board. Is that just 1/4" starboard?
        \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
        \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

Jeff, ChuckB - First thing I did was to fasten 1 inch aluminum angle to the aluminum caps on the transom and up the side. I fastened the aluminum angle by drilling and tapping the caps for 1/4 X 20 machine screws. I then used 3/4 inch starboard through bolted to the aluminum angle. One problem I had was having to gouge out the starboard edge to fit over the machine screw heads so that it would fit flush down on the aluminum angle. I did that with a Dremell tool. One thing you want to make sure of is to use plenty of 4200 to seal all the holes. (I used 5200 but because that was all I had within reach at the time).

I think you could probably get away with using a little smaller machine screws than I used. However, I wouldn't go any smaller than a number 12.

Comment

MAN, THAT IS A NICE JOB ON THOSE BOARDS. I HAVE BEEN MESSING AROUND WITH MY 228 AND HAVE SEALED THE FOLD DOWN SPLASH DOOR AND I STILL GET WATER COMMING UP THROUGH THE LIVE WELL DRAINS WHEN THE BOAT DIPS DOWN IN A BIG WAVE. HAS ANYONE PUT CHECK VALVES IN THESE HOSES.
            OVER BUDGET[br]PEARLAND TX

Comment

Working...
            X