My 4 year old's "Mako"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 4 year old's "Mako"

Just thought I would post my sons play area. I had two donated old skiffs, one a wood Chesapeake deadrise, the other a fiberglass Chincoteague scow. I built a tower on the deadrise, it has controls, steering wheel, cb radio, cup holder, outriggers, and all the running, and deck lights are functional on a dusk to dawn timer. I just added the rock climbing wall, thats why its not painted to match. He spends most of his time out there climbing, and playing. My 15 month old daughter is starting to enjoy it also. Notice the Mako cut out in the top, front of the tower.

\'78 Wellcraft V20,200 Merc[br]\'80 235-gone[br]\'75 23 Inboard-gone [br]Hayes, Va[br]

Thats very cool! If I only had the time to put something like that together for my daughter.[8D]
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Looks great. I better type quick before my kids see your post or they will have me headed to Glousceter next weekend. Say, that day mark looks very familiar.........

D-
      Current Mqko - 1990 Mako 211 w/2006 250 E-TEC. http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6226. [br]- Previous Makos 1987 20C, 1979 23\' IB, 1970s 17 Angler

Comment

Dang! I like the line's on that skiff. If it was in my yard the kid's wouldn't get to play with it. Adult's Only! and it would be headed back to the water.

Comment

Thanks! I have people stop all the time and check it out when they are going thru the neighborhood. I found both the day marker, and the No Wake floating in the bay. The skiff has great lines! If it werent to far gone I would have loved to redone it! Anyones kids are invited anytime I'm home! Mike
          \'78 Wellcraft V20,200 Merc[br]\'80 235-gone[br]\'75 23 Inboard-gone [br]Hayes, Va[br]

Comment

Drag-

That is the most awesome playground equipment I've ever seen. Great creativity and construction and the little details push the whole thing over the top!

Only problem I can see is you're probably going to have to start hiding your boat keys from the kids by the time they're about 8.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!

Win
            It\'s a Mako.[br]\'82 20B,\'90 E-150[br]Woodbridge, CT

Comment

Hey, Thats lesson # 1

How to have more than one boat in the yard without the wife getting to upset.Thats absolutely awesome!!!.You could also put a big shark fin comming out of the ground for some dramatics [][]
              1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

That is awesome!! My wife keeps showing me toddler beds made to look like old Chris craft runabouts and saying "can't you build this?" "Sure honey, if I didn't have a job!"
                1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                1985 Mako 20c - sold
                Fort Walton Beach, FL
                http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Thanks!I'm lucky to have had the hulls for starting blocks! The rest only took a weekend and a couple of afternoons.

Comment

Working...
                  X