Did I get a good deal on this25' CC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I get a good deal on this25' CC?

I have always wanted a Mako, I have had a Wellcraft V20cc and a 302 Scarab. I started looking for a 20' Mako, The 25'would be perfect but when I saw the prices they were out of my tax bracket. Last Sund ay I was looking around on Ebay and found a 25'CC With T top, winlass, cushons, cool puffy captians chairs, fish finder and the seller said that the hull has no delamination and everything is solid (t top, transom, deck ). there was plenty of pics, and after a good bath and some teak cleaner and oil it will look good. The engine is a '90(or so) 225 Evinrude VRO the broker said that he has only driven it from the trailer to the hoist, the previous owner said that It ran fine, I am going to asssume that I will have to repower her. The price did not include a trailer(I plan to keep it at the high and dry)and I have to ship it from NJ(OUCH). I was shocked to see that I won the auction for $6100. Shipping is 1200. If the hull is in the shape that the seller claims, did I do good? my boat guru friends seem to think so, I wanted to ask the pros....any comments and suggestions will be appreciated...Todd
    1976 25\' Mako CC \"Makoritaville\"[br]1986 48\' Viking \"Tight Spot\" [br]197? 14\' Mitchell \"Tender Spot\"[br]Biloxi, MS[br][br]

I looked at that boat. It is a little rough. It would be a good project boat though. Not a bad deal. I got out at 5,200.

Comment

Your going to love that boat. We bought a 1978 Model 25 in October of 95 and I still think the world of her. The 25 degree deadrise will let you surf down quatering seas without sliding off of them and she is solid as can be in a head sea. The hull balances well too. I added trim tabs to trim list more the attitude. She was ran 17 years before (I got her) without tabs.

I saw pics on Ebay (I guess it's the same boat) and I'd say you did good as long as she's solid. Good luck to you.
      Ole Joe
      Just floundering around
      White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
      1978 Mako 25

Comment

i went and look at that boat. she is solid. cant say much about the engine. you outbid me. that is one nice boat.

Comment

i went and look at that boat. she is solid. cant say much about the engine. you outbid me. that is one nice boat.

Comment

This one, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=26430

I was tempted, especially as I'm close enough to go look, but in the end didn't have enough time, and 25' is bigger than what I want. (I'll be looking at a 19' this weekend).

What was with the re-listings on this item? Seller had it up for auction at least twice?
            NYC & L.I. - 1974 \"Classic\" Mako 20\' - Suzuki 2006 DF150 - Fly & Light Tackle, C&R[br]My boat: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23444#159594[br]Personal website: http://www.georgemcauliffe.com/

Comment

thank all of you for your input, Biff it is the one you were looking at. I am having it shiped here and it should be here by mid or later next week. I will let yall know it is...thanks again
              1976 25\' Mako CC \"Makoritaville\"[br]1986 48\' Viking \"Tight Spot\" [br]197? 14\' Mitchell \"Tender Spot\"[br]Biloxi, MS[br][br]

Comment

Working...
              X