Fuel Pickup Location '78 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pickup Location '78 21

Can anyone tell me where the fuel pickup is located on a '78 21?. The fuel gauge is the original mechanical one located on top of the tank under the console. Reads highest when at the dock and lower when the the bow is up and running. The difference can be alot - almost a quarter tank indicated variance. I'm guessing that the fuel pick up is at the aft end of the tank and the gauge is in the center. Correct?
    1978 Mako 21[br]Lakewood, OH

Wouldn't logic state that on plane the bow is higher so the reading would be lower if the sensor was at the forward end of the tank. My 224 has the sensor at the forward end of the tank. Don
    Don Flowers[br]Port Lavaca, Tx.[br]Mako 224 1985 \"Godspeed\"[br]Yamaha 175

Comment

Exactly. I'm just looking to confirm that the fuel gauge understates actual fuel level when the boat is up on plane.

Comment

On my 21 the pickup is about right in the middle or maybe a little forward of middle. You should be able to see it from the console door. there is a inspection hole above mine. I also have the mechanical gauge setup./ dave
        [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Scott - Hi! Know it's not related to your question, but we are neighbors. I dock on the W Channel at CYC. Do you trailer, or arein the river? Currently up in Lk St Claire on a week long cruise on the boat! Sounds like you have a nice boat, we'll look for you on the water.

Regards,

Freshwater Shark

Jack Salisbury

'95 Mako 232

Rocky River, OH
          Jack[br]LANDFALL Mako 232[br]Rocky River, OH

Comment

Scott - Hi! Know it's not related to your question, but we are neighbors. I dock on the W Channel at CYC. Do you trailer, or arein the river? Currently up in Lk St Claire on a week long cruise on the boat! Sounds like you have a nice boat, we'll look for you on the water.

Regards,

Freshwater Shark

Jack Salisbury

'95 Mako 232

Rocky River, OH
            Jack[br]LANDFALL Mako 232[br]Rocky River, OH

Comment

Hi Jack. I dock at the Beach. First slip inside the Lagoon entrance. Be sure to stop and say hi if you see us out and about. We've got a pretty nice fleet of Mako's on the river. Perhaps we should organize an outing - like hull scrubbing at Wagar Beach. Have a great run home. Its been a prime weekend on the North Coast!

Scott

Comment

Working...
              X