OMC BINNACLE SETUP p/n 176372

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMC BINNACLE SETUP p/n 176372

I bought a used 2002 omc binnacle shifter on Ebay and I wired up the keyswitch but cant figure out the positions for the gas and shifting cables. It seems that cables can be placed on both sides of this shifter. PLEASE HELP I WANT TO GET THIS BOAT GOING ASAP. The Engine is a 85 Evinrude.[88] THIS SHIFTER IS OMC PART NUMBER 176372 DOES ANYONE HAVE AN INSTRUCTION SHEET?????[:x)

this might help

http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5215
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Thanks but my shifter looks different. Its an OMC from a 2002 boat. Its black with the key and horn built to the right of its housing. I wish I knew how to post a pic on this forum. Man I gota lot to learn.

Comment

Mako442, it just so happens that I did this just recently as well. Anyways, what you can do is take a look at the lever arms while the houseing is open. You'll need to have it open to install the cables anyways. Starting from neutral, move the throttle forward and look to see which arm moves first. That is your shifter rod. The throttle (gas) rod will move once the shifter rod is finished engaging. Realitically it will not matter anyways because you can always do the same thing at the motor end after you've put the control box back together and mounted it to the console. On the moter end, the first cable to move first is your shifter cable. The cables are identical so it will not matter one bit which one you mount on which rod on the binnacle end. Just make sure you have it right on the motor end.
        Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

HungONE Thank you for your response. I have it all open and definetly know what your saying. I figured the same thing before installation. If i get it wrong just swap the cables at the motor. The problem is, this single lever shifter has 4 cable placements and I dont know what to use. Do I use one on one side of the shifter and the other on the other side? Or do i use cables only on one side? If so which side? I wish I had the instruction sheet.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mako442

The problem is, this single lever shifter has 4 cable placements and I dont know what to use. Do I use one on one side of the shifter and the other on the other side? Or do i use cables only on one side? If so which side? I wish I had the instruction sheet.

[?]

I'm glad I didn't have that problem on my shifter..... Mine only had 2 arms, one cable attached to each arm. Is it possible that 2 are for universal connectors and the other 2 are for actual OMC connectors? I don't know, someone else will have to answer that one....[:I]
            Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

My answers are on your other post concerning this exact topic. I cant keep up with more than one topic. my typing isnt allthat great Hehe. dave.
              [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Working...
              X