Mako 21 Owners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako 21 Owners...

Thought you might like this. Its a performance report for the 1978 Mako 21. I bought it a few days ago and scanned it tonight. Lots of neat info. Enjoy!

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Thats a great report, I am not sure I believe there speed and fuel burn numbers. /There getting better performance and fuel numbers out of a 175 than I am getting out of my 225. must be a magic prop.never the less thats the most information I have seen on the 21

Thanks Ed for the great contribution. dave.

dave
    [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Something to remember is the '78 21 was 21'......the later models changed, my '88 21B is 21'7", yet the Mako site has it at the same weight. I doubt those numbers.

Regaurdless an excellent article and I appreciate it. I can tell anyone that the Mako 21, for it's size, is one of the dryest, smoothest riders out there.

Comment

Cool info. Thanks!
        Troy[br]Pensacola, FL[br]1977 21\' Mako Deep V[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20954

Comment

WOW, I need to find one of those 175's. All in all, a great write-up.

ka
          1979 Mako 21 (sold)[br]1987 Mako 231/1997 Yamaha 225. Now the 231 wears an 01 225 Yamaha 4 stroke. [br]Cape Coral, FL

Comment

neat-o
            1980 Mako21 [br] [br]Long Beach MS <\')))>([br]\"I can always find somebody to tow me back in, but I can never find anybody who will tow me out.........\"

Comment

Thanks very much for the post. I have a '78 21 - all original. I have the 1978 sale brochure for the entire line. Really need to scan and upload this one of these days.
              1978 Mako 21[br]Lakewood, OH

Comment

Thats a great article. Thanks for scanning it.

PG
                1979 21 CC Mako, 2006 E Tec 225 Hp [br]Connecticut

Comment

Fifty to sixty miles from sight of land in a 21 foot boat? Maybe if you got just out of sight of land and ran the 50 to 60 miles parallel to the coast line, but other than that I'm gonna want a bigger boat with at least two engines instead of a single 175 Rude.
                  St. Pete Beach, FL

Comment

Hey Chasmo, whats the difference - can you swim home when out of sight of land? My thoughts have always been comfortable with boat, motor, & radio. Staying within fuel range (use 1/3 rule)and have proper safety equip. go as far as I can. The difference between 10 and 60... well I can't swim either and the are dangers at all ranges. I have been 60 miles in 21 foot boat and felt safe, and it was a HydroSport would definately feel safe in a Mako.
                    \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
                    \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

I am the same way, I figure I can't swim back from 10 miles out anyway so whats the difference!
                      Troy[br]Pensacola, FL[br]1977 21\' Mako Deep V[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20954

Comment

I love the test result section with the water skier. [][]
                        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                        1985 Mako 20c - sold
                        Fort Walton Beach, FL
                        https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

I thought it was pretty cool that the skier and spotter got props in the article. I guess it makes a difference to someone who that skier and spotter were.[]
                          Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Chasmo

Fifty to sixty miles from sight of land in a 21 foot boat? Maybe if you got just out of sight of land and ran the 50 to 60 miles parallel to the coast line, but other than that I'm gonna want a bigger boat with at least two engines instead of a single 175 Rude.

We regularly run 50-60 miles out of St A Fl. We always use the buddy system and are extremely picky with our days, everyone has tow insurance. It is all about your comfort level and confidence in your equipment. I feel perfectly safe doing this.........On the other hand I have run past the jetties on a perfect day, turned around and came home......just because something inside didn't feel right.

Comment

Working...
                            X