No announcement yet.

size and color of pinstripe?? opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• size and color of pinstripe?? opinions?

I am going to put numbers and a pinstripe on the boat soon. I am thinking of a dark blue to match the t top. what do you all think?

also what size pinstripe? i am thinking 1".

opinions are welcome!
    1984 MAKO 254[br]Hartsville, SC

Is the pinstripe you're referring to actually a boot stripe?

If so, boot stripes are generally 2" with a 1" break as seen here.

Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

yep, i did mean bootstripe, but i am probably not looking for a break in between. (there are a few areas in the paint where it leaked around the tape while i was painting. the bootstripe would serve to cover up these slight imperfections in my opinion)

1" or 2" bootstripe???????? mmmmmmmmmmmm.......
      1984 MAKO 254[br]Hartsville, SC

Comment

Before you paint it take some 1" blue masking tape and tape a stripe on one side and then two strips on the other side to get a better perspective.

And if it were me, I'd paint the boot stripe black to match the rub rail
        \'81 21\' CC Mako[br]Beaufort, NC

Comment

The mako would look great with a black boot stripe

Comment

I would go with black like the suggestions from others. 1" stripe should be nice but not attract to much attention from the nice grey color. Go 1/2" over the white and 1/2" over the grey and just sand it smooth as glass before you paint it or apply a vinyl stripe. Will look super in my opinion
            John S.[br]Lutz, FL aka Tampa[br]Currently transplanted to Tallahassee

Comment

Here is a 1" boot stripe on a 17' CC.

Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

Black is a good color to go with the White & Gray.

When you do decide on color and size. Use 3M Fineline tape to tape it off. This will give you a clean, crisp line with no bleed thru.

Comment

Working...
                X