Help locating older Mako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help locating older Mako

I'm new to this forum and looking for some help. Has anyone ever heard, seen or owned an older model Mako that was a flats skiff? I don't know the model or year but I missed a chance a few years back to purchase one in southwest Fla. It was approx. 19' and was known as a "hatchboat" around here due to the fact there were about 15 hatch covers. Heck, when the seat back folded down she looked like the flight deck of the USS Nimetz. Never saw another and have been kicking myself since. Any advice or info would be of help as Mako seems a little too busy to reply. Thanx

There are pix's of one posted on here some where. I don't remember if it was For Sale or not. It's the first time I'd seen one.

Comment

my father has one -- it is called an 18 backcountry the model year was 1980 but they actually started making them in 78-- his title says 78-- they only made 30 boats and then destroyed the mold -- he has had the boat since 81 and it is all original -- i have seen a few around-- but they usualy have been painted or have new decals -- but the original decal on the side should just say mako 18 -- it is a nice riding boat for inshore fishing -- very flat in the back - so she likes to slide a bit around corners -- i am planning on getting the boat some day -- it is powered by a 115 and does very well -- i think the max h.p is 140 -- any more questions ill be glad to answer - his boat is located in vero beach -- [8D]

Comment

Someone on here bought one off of E-bay a month or so ago. I can't remember who though.
        SCMako17[br]1990 Mako 230 WA[br]Yamaha 200 2-stroke[br]Greenville, SC

Comment

Here's a link to the boat I bought...don't know where the photos went

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=262
          1979 18 Mako Backcountry[br]1991 Mirage 29cc \"Tuner\"[br]Gainesville, FL

Comment

I have one. It is a '79, and I understand that only 20 were made. It is powered by a 115 Merc., and is the talk of the docks when I pull in in the Keys, Biscayne Bay or Chokoloskee. We glassed in the 2 rear live wells, making them dry with a through hull stopper in case we want to use them. This added much floatation aft and makes the boat sit more evenly. She poles in about 7 inches of water. E mail me for pics.

Have a great day.
            Captain Scott[br][email protected][br]Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comment

Working...
            X