Need some opinions!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some opinions!!!!

I have a 1994 mako 241b and am now thinking of moving up. The reason for this is that it is powered by a single 225 blackmax and I am interested in twins and also would like a more family friendly boat. I am trying to find a boat that covers all of my needs. I need a boat that doesn't weigh any more than 9,500lbs for towing purposes. I also need to have a boat of the same or better quality than my mako and a boat with at least a 9ft beam and cost under $70,000 so it will have to be used.

Any advise on brands!!!

Thanks

Steve

Ocean Master, Regulator, Seacraft
    1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

You didn't say anything about boat style.

A 25ft Parker Pilothouse would slid right in your figures.

Comment

I like the cuddy cabins and express boats. I need something to handle the family and my fishing needs.

I will check Parker out!!!

Steve

Comment

Megabyte can give you the full skinny on them.

Comment

Can do. Ask away here, or email [email protected] and I'll answer any questions you might have.

Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

Capt Kevin where on the bay do you keep her?

I'm getting married next weekend at my future wife's father's place--he owns Pleasant Plains farm, right on Rideout Creek off Whitehall Creek/Whitehall Bay.
              ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Ah' I see a wedding boat parade in the future.[]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Justin

I'm getting married next weekend at my future wife's father's place--he owns Pleasant Plains farm, right on Rideout Creek off Whitehall Creek/Whitehall Bay.

Well congratulations Justin!

I keep her at Whitehall Yacht Yard on Whitehall Creek. I could hit Pleasant Plains Farm with a rock while standing in my cockpit at the dock! You'll be damm close son!

Unfortunately, I'll be in Sea Isle City (NJ) next weekend... [] If I wasn't away, I'd motor up Ridout Creek at the appropriate time and give you a salute (after the ceremony) with these... 122 db and they'll get your attention quick!

We'll have to get together for some fishing when we're both in town at the same time. []
                  Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by warthog5

Ah' I see a wedding boat parade in the future.[]

If I was gonna be in town, I'd absolutely do it!

Take the bride and groom out to Thomas Point Light for wedding photos...

I'd be all over that!

The only way to get to Thomas Point Shoal is by boat, and it would make one hell of a wedding photo!

Comment

Steve, I don't know much about them but check out Steigercraft if you are looking at Parkers. I think they are made in NY and I've seen a few that are really sweet looking. Limited production. But I've seen numbers that are in your range.

http://www.steigercraft.com/

Good luck

Jonathan
                      Plymouth, MA[br]02 Hydra-Sports 212[br][br]Sea Hunt 22[br]

Comment

I was actually looking for a Steiger when I found my Parker. I wanted an open-back PH and open Parkers are few and far between.

Other PH boats of a similar design include Maycraft, C-Hawk, Eastern, and a company fairly close to me, Judge Yachts. http://www.judgeyachts.com/boats.htm

Good luck!

Comment

I really like the design of the parkers and the Steigercraft. I think I like the steigercraft a little more because of the seat layout. I have yet to see a steiger in person in Orange Beach AL. The boat would diff get some attention. I have been thinking of power options, what does everyone think about single diesel with bow thruster or twin hpdi 200's?

Comment

The fellow who owns the house where I dock my boat has a 02 25' Parker walkaround with a 6 cyl Italian made Cummins with a merc Cruiser dou prop. Excellent riding boat that burns 3 GPH. From what I am told that was the last year for Parker to market that model. However Steigercraft has diesel options for boats 21' and up. The 23 Pilot house has a steeper deadrise than the 25'. Both are sturdy seaworty models. The factory is actuall around the corner from where my office is. Let me know if you want brochures for a specific model. They also came out with a 27' model.
                            Hugs Tug [br]2007 SteigerCraft 23\' Miami W/ 225 Suzuki[br]Former 1973, 23 Mako C/C with I/O[br]Mattituck[br]Long Island N.Y.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Megabyte

quote:

Originally posted by Justin

Well congratulations Justin!

I keep her at Whitehall Yacht Yard on Whitehall Creek. I could hit Pleasant Plains Farm with a rock while standing in my cockpit at the dock! You'll be damm close son!

Unfortunately, I'll be in Sea Isle City (NJ) next weekend... [] If I wasn't away, I'd motor up Ridout Creek at the appropriate time and give you a salute (after the ceremony) with these... 122 db and they'll get your attention quick!

We'll have to get together for some fishing when we're both in town at the same time. []

Hehe, thanks very much []

When I'm down there, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your rig...

Thanks again.
                              ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Working...
                              X