New Purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Purchase?

Looking at a 1996 232cc for possible purchase but had a few questions.

I know Mako Marine was purchased by Tracker in approx '96 & that hull integrity has been in question at times ... anyone have any feedback or suggestions as to what I should/shouldn't be concerned about? The boat looks clean ... 200 Merc EFI on a bracket w/ integrated dive platforms, full transom, am/fm radio, vhf, hummingbird sounder, garmin GPS, bimini, & leaning post ... would like to add t-top & storm dodger. I currently own a 1999 Dorado 23 I'd like to sell so I can side step into the Mako & have some cash left to play with ... Seller is asking $24500 w/ new trailer. Been diving/fishing for years & know the Mako reputation but wanted some input from Mako owners.

In '96, the Schwebke Family still had a part ownership in Mako. Tracker didn't buy them until '97.

The 232 was/is a good boat. Like any used boat, get the hull surveyed so you know what you're getting into. In additon, get a mechanic whose' reputation you trust to take a look at the engine -- it's almost 10 years old.

With a 200hp the boat is slightly under powered, though without a T-Top, you won't notice it as much. Much better with a 225 -- with a 250hp it'll really move. I think he's a bit over priced, but the package may be in really great shape.

Good Luck,

Tom
    Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

Working...
    X