Transom angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transom angle

I'll be buying my bracket from D&D soon. Talking to Don @ D&D, he told me how to get the transom angle using a carpenter's square. He said that I don't have to only measure from the keel but also from other areas on the transom. "Just be sure you slide the square in straight", he told me. He said to them take the average of the measurements. He stressed the importance of an accurate measurement so that is where the problem comes in. I get measurements that vary from 3.5" (14 degrees) to 3 " (12 degrees). This seems to be an awful big difference to me. Anybody know what the transom angle is supposed to be on a 1979 19B? Any advice is much appreciated!
    Tony C.[br]S. Daytona, FL[br]Boatless...for now[br]

anybody?

Comment

get a bevel gauge from home depot its alot easier to do it this way. Now you can see if its the same all the way accross the transom. If not you might have more excitment to add to the fun, Im not sure maybe Bobby can chime in and tell you what to do if its not the same all the way.

John S.[br]Lutz, FL aka Tampa[br]Currently transplanted to Tallahassee

Comment

I've got one of those and never thought of it. I've also got a miter guide on my tablesaw that I used. It's about 13 degrees at the keel but less further from the keel. I don't know if this is normal or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks 400 HP.

Comment

Tony,

How long it's been since I've talked at you! You and I got on this thing about the same time and I am really curious how this bracket thing is going to work (if the expense is justified)! I wound up putting jackplates on my motors and it has made a world of difference, problem is no additional flotation. The cockpit drains sat below the waterline before I added 60 + #'s of jackplates and surprisingly the weight and setback has not changed this aspect! We are also wanting a swim platform and can't seem to get something to work (I love when reasons justify an expense!) Keep the pics and progress up!
          [IMG=left]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/cmcmjk/xsmallmimako10.jpg[/IMG=left]Mike & Cynthia[br]Word Cat 250dc[br]Elk Rapids, Michigan

Comment

Take the measurements from a bunch of places on the transom, then get an average. The bracket(with a swim platform) will pull some of the low spots up and flatten some of the high spots as you install it and tighten it up.
            1983 21b[br]Waveland,MS

Comment

Jason,

Any idea on those parts?
              [IMG=left]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/cmcmjk/xsmallmimako10.jpg[/IMG=left]Mike & Cynthia[br]Word Cat 250dc[br]Elk Rapids, Michigan

Comment

Tony,

Just my $0.02, but I believe the std. transom angle for MOST Makos of that vintage was 13 degrees... (I know my '83 224 did for sure have a 13 degree transom)

Good Luck, OB1
                Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I believe it is 13 degress. I'll post some pics when I make more progress.

Comment

My '69 19' has a 13 degree as well. And my bracket went on just dandy
                    John S.[br]Lutz, FL aka Tampa[br]Currently transplanted to Tallahassee

Comment

Working...
                    X