Mako hull ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako hull ID

After reading the stuff on finding a hull ID # I started trying to find the one on mine. I couldn't find it when I purchased the boat. Usually they ar eon the starboard side of the transom, nope. I saw something that said Mako usually hides them in the anchor locker or other cubbys. Looked and looked, never found one. I had the HID from the bill of sale but it wasn't the standard HID # starting with the manufacturer MK etc... I was a little concerned when I went to register it but as it turns out the HID was valid and the boat was already in the database in FL even though the last owner was in Alabama! I was relieved because getting a used boat registered in FL is a pain but this time everything was there and didn't take long.

Well, turns out I decided to take off the rub rail so I could clean under it and seal the cap with 5200 and guess what I found, yes the original HID # hidden under the rub rail on the port side near the transom. As I thought it started with MK for mako but I couldn't read the rest of the number. Part of the tag had been messed up. This boat has been painted before and sometime in the past I assume it has been registered for a new HID # which is 12 digits. Pretty cool.
    Troy[br]Pensacola, FL[br]1977 21\' Mako Deep V[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20954

Yep,my HIN # was in all three places 1980 17. In the anchor locker, on the starbord side of the transom and like you I found it under the port side rub rail accidently,back corner of the transom and portside junction on a paper tag.Started with MRK,And after I found It,it discentegrated in my hand.
    1980 Mako17 Standard, 115 Yamaha 2 stroke[br]1981 Mako224 200 johnson 2 stroke Virginia Beach,Va

Comment

The tag on mine is aluminum I think but the back half of it is all messed up.
      Troy[br]Pensacola, FL[br]1977 21\' Mako Deep V[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20954

Comment

Working...
      X