LOOKING FOR HELP WITH T-TOP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOOKING FOR HELP WITH T-TOP

DOES ANYONE HAVE PLANS TO SHOW ME HOW TO BUILD A T-TOP FOR A 1978 21FT MAKO. I AM GOING TO USE 2 INCH LEGS BUT NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO USE FOR THE TOP. THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT T-TOP OUT THERE AND I AM LOOKING FOR ONE THAT IS GOOD FOR MY BOAT. I PLAN TO MOUNT THE LEG TO THE CONSOLE INSTEAD OF THE FLOOR. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME IT WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS AGAIN.

DAVID LOFTIN

CAPT OF THE DOUBLE D'S

1978 21FT MAKO
    DAVID LOFTIN[br]CAPT OF THE DOUBLE D\'S[br]1978 21FT [br]PORT: PANAMA CITY BEACH

check your E-mail
    [br]Burlington , MA[br]Previous Boats[br]25\' Mako CC 225 Yamaha (sold)[br]30\' Grady Marlin T/250 Yamaha\'s (sunk) [br]Current boats [br]10\' Zodiac 8hp Yamaha[br]15\' Whaler 75hp Merc[br]24\' Wahoo! EFS 250hp Merc[br]

Comment

RUSS THANKS FOR THE HELP. I THINK THAT THOSE PHOTOS WILL HELP ME A LOT.
      DAVID LOFTIN[br]CAPT OF THE DOUBLE D\'S[br]1978 21FT [br]PORT: PANAMA CITY BEACH

Comment

hi [] 2 inch is tower lats 1.25/1.5 is plenty..........top ring is 1 inch........e mail me i will be glad to help.....i have done " 1 " of these tops before....lol lol ......have a good day jim... www.arctekmarine.com []
        www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Comment

Jim,

I was checking out your website and I got a few questions for ya. When get to that stage of my project, I plan to build my own T-Top and leaning post. I used to work as a welder and know how to tig aluminum. But I have never messed with any anodized aluminum. Is it better to buy the anodized stuff and then build or to build and then get it anodized? If buying it already anodized, how do you go about anodizing the welds after it is built? Or do ya even need to? I saw on your site where there is a pic of a gold anodized leg welded to a gold anodized plate, do you need to grind the weld area and clean it in order to weld?

Any and all info regarding T-Tops would be appreciated by anyone. I would like to see those pics or plans you boys are talkin about if you dont mind.
          [br]Keys to Life:[br]Life is all about ass; you\'re either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.[br]www.kjndiver.org[br]Orange, TX / Lake Charles, LA

Comment

[xx(]i love these icons...... any way...no the welds are painted after welding yes it is more difficult to weld anodized/than mill aluminum,and i use 75%argon/25%helium for gas.......top dog............what are u using for a machine??? jim www.arctekmarine.com [^][^][^]
            www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Comment

[8D][8D][8D][8D]

Comment

The problem with anodizing after welding is the sheer size of the tank. Working in the metal finishing industry, I know of NOONE that has a tank large enough to dip a whole top. I'm sure someone does...just certainly not around here!
                1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

Working...
                X